How much time needed for GCSE Watch

nav_sharda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am going into Year 11 (doing 11 GCSEs) and am a little under halfway through my summer holidays. I've created a few revision tools here and there but haven't started properly revising. Am I in danger? (My targets are 9s and 8s)
Matrix123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I wouldn't say you're in danger nav_sharda but picking up some revision regularly throughout the rest of the holidays and maintaining regular and frequent revision through the school year should help you to stay on top of each subject If you focus on fixing up weaker earlier sooner than later, you'll just have papers and light revision left closer to exam season, and it should be easier for you to focus on pushing your grades up to those 9s
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
BrandonS15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nav_sharda)
I am going into Year 11 (doing 11 GCSEs) and am a little under halfway through my summer holidays. I've created a few revision tools here and there but haven't started properly revising. Am I in danger? (My targets are 9s and 8s)
Your revision notes should be done early so that you can use them to revise through Year 11. Usually Year 10 is spent making the resources and Year 11 is spent using the resources.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 weeks ago
it was years ago (8 gosh i m old) but i did no revision in that summer and got 12 gcse's so i wouldn't panic
nav_sharda
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Matrix123)
I wouldn't say you're in danger nav_sharda but picking up some revision regularly throughout the rest of the holidays and maintaining regular and frequent revision through the school year should help you to stay on top of each subject If you focus on fixing up weaker earlier sooner than later, you'll just have papers and light revision left closer to exam season, and it should be easier for you to focus on pushing your grades up to those 9s
Thank you for the response, I'll definitely try to pick up some more revision, for the remainder of my holidays and maintain it throughout the year, so I don't have to do too much to make up later on.
nav_sharda
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
it was years ago (8 gosh i m old) but i did no revision in that summer and got 12 gcse's so i wouldn't panic
Ah thank you
alice03x
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Having sat my GCSEs this year, I can safely say that as someone who was targeted to get all 9s bar one 8 (and will definitely not because of certain things), you don’t need to stress yourself. You’re most definitely not ‘in danger’, GCSEs are a stepping stone, not the be all and end all. Work hard, but relax too. So many of my friends burnt out around February because they’d stressed themselves out. It isn’t worth it.
nav_sharda
Rep:
?
(Original post by alice03x)
Having sat my GCSEs this year, I can safely say that as someone who was targeted to get all 9s bar one 8 (and will definitely not because of certain things), you don’t need to stress yourself. You’re most definitely not ‘in danger’, GCSEs are a stepping stone, not the be all and end all. Work hard, but relax too. So many of my friends burnt out around February because they’d stressed themselves out. It isn’t worth it.
Thank you for your reply. Don't worry I'm sure you smashed it
AnonymousEd19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey there guys! This is Anonymous Education. I've just finished my GCSE's this year and I am happy to help. Visit my profile to see the link to my blog.

Good luck for your GCSE's guys. You will do great!
alice03x
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for your reply. Don't worry I'm sure you smashed it
Thank you
Ztormie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiii ~! How did you revise for each subject and when did you start revising for GCSEs pleasee???
alice03x
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ztormie)
Hiii ~! How did you revise for each subject and when did you start revising for GCSEs pleasee???
Hey! I started revising from around October, but properly from the February half term.
I did English Lang & Lit, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RS, Computer Science, French, Psychology and History!
For English Lit I revised quotations for each book and the poem anthology, and made mindmaps for each theme with relevant contextual points as well.
English Lang I mostly did practice papers, but it also helps to read books so you have a good understanding of the structure of novels for Q5.
For Maths, my best advice is to do plenty of practice papers, mark them, and then use Maths Genie or DrFrost Maths to find topic specific questions to help you understand each topic individually.
For the sciences I used Seneca, along with practice papers and exam questions.
RS requires you to know A LOT of quotes from your chosen holy books (I did the Bible and the Qur’an). Learn plenty of these and the definitions of specific words, include your opinion and you’ll do well.
Computer Science involves spending time learning definitions, how to do various coding things and programming. I used Seneca and flash cards!
For French, I actually had a girl in year 12 help me. She tested me on vocab, made me answer questions on the spot (prep for the speaking exam), and was generally really helpful! Best advice would be to learn vocab and verb conjugations.
Psychology is a bit of a niche subject at GCSE, so I really struggled! However, I found flash cards most useful, and liked to get someone else to test me.
For History, I used Seneca, made flash cards with key dates on so someone could test me, and did practice questions.
Honestly, for every subject your best bet is practice questions! Good luck
Ztormie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hey! I started revising from around October, but properly from the February half term.
I did English Lang & Lit, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RS, Computer Science, French, Psychology and History!
For English Lit I revised quotations for each book and the poem anthology, and made mindmaps for each theme with relevant contextual points as well.
English Lang I mostly did practice papers, but it also helps to read books so you have a good understanding of the structure of novels for Q5.
For Maths, my best advice is to do plenty of practice papers, mark them, and then use Maths Genie or DrFrost Maths to find topic specific questions to help you understand each topic individually.
For the sciences I used Seneca, along with practice papers and exam questions.
RS requires you to know A LOT of quotes from your chosen holy books (I did the Bible and the Qur’an). Learn plenty of these and the definitions of specific words, include your opinion and you’ll do well.
Computer Science involves spending time learning definitions, how to do various coding things and programming. I used Seneca and flash cards!
For French, I actually had a girl in year 12 help me. She tested me on vocab, made me answer questions on the spot (prep for the speaking exam), and was generally really helpful! Best advice would be to learn vocab and verb conjugations.
Psychology is a bit of a niche subject at GCSE, so I really struggled! However, I found flash cards most useful, and liked to get someone else to test me.
For History, I used Seneca, made flash cards with key dates on so someone could test me, and did practice questions.
Honestly, for every subject your best bet is practice questions! Good luck
Thank you so much~!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%