Creative Writing MA or MscRes Biological Sciences? Watch

Lia555
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I am a graduate of Bsc Zoology with a love for creative writing. After careful consideration, I decided I'm going to return to uni to do a masters. I decided to go for Creative Writing MA, as I had been wanting to do it for a while and I really hope it will develop my writing skills. I did a free course at the local college for a year to prep. I applied and got an unconditional offer for it, but during the waiting period, one of my former uni tutors posted about a research project relating to animals. This research project is on a subject I love and it would heavily increase my chances to get a job in the Zoology sector. But I'm torn between the two and I'm not sure what would be the best to go with. What do you guys think?

Note: I have not completed application for the Research Project yet, only Creative Writing has been confirmed.
Edit: I've gone through the application process for the research and having to wait for a response to see if I get an offer or not. I've still not made a full decision yet though.
Last edited by Lia555; 3 days ago
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lia555)
You can pick up creative writing skills in all sorts of formal, informal and serendipitous ways, if you truly want to. However, research opportunities with animals only come up in structured ways. If you want to keep your options open, then apply for the Zoology, because ti needs that experience to develop. The creative writing can develop alongside in all sorts of ways.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%