Emergency female cabinet proposed by the greens Watch

Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The loopy green party are at it again, am I right to feel offended, could you imagine the uproar if Corbyn or Johnson called a emergency male cabinet to achive anything....
Miriam29
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If this proposal is meant to be feminist in anyway, it’s completely missing the mark. Not only would this shambles of a cabinet fail miserably, but it would negatively impact the impression of female MPs in the long run, causing more sexism within Parliament.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t we have more pressing issues at hand? Such as Brexit maybe?
Toki the Dumdum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Tsk tsk. It's an awfully white selection of female politicians that Caroline's mentioned... If she's going to play identity politics then she shouldn't be making obvious own goals like that.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
Don’t we have more pressing issues at hand? Such as Brexit maybe?
Yes we do mate, just when I think I've seen it all I realise I've seen naff all.

Does the fact that a woman has been in charge of Brexit for the past year at least, absolutely bonkers the greens
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Yes we do mate, just when I think I've seen it all I realise I've seen naff all.

Does the fact that a woman has been in charge of Brexit for the past year at least, absolutely bonkers the greens
Mhairi Black for PM
Diane Abbot for Chancellor
Theresa May for Brexit Secretary
Someone with tact and diplomacy for the NI Office-I know Priti Patel
Give Ruth Davidson and Arlene Foster a couple of peerages and they can jobshare Minister for Equalities
Caroline Lucas Secretary of State for Defence
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
laurence_tho
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah it seems like everyone's playing the 'make your dream cabinet' game, although a relatively minor MP suggested it and it's just not going to happen so perhaps we should all calm down
Last edited by laurence_tho; 1 week ago
SlS66
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pure and blatant sexism. If a man said this there would be outcry.
Last edited by SlS66; 1 week ago
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Miriam29)
If this proposal is meant to be feminist in anyway, it’s completely missing the mark. Not only would this shambles of a cabinet fail miserably, but it would negatively impact the impression of female MPs in the long run, causing more sexism within Parliament.
Once again, need I point out (to Caroline Lucas) the difference between feminism and misandry? I am a feminist as I support women and men being equal - discrimination based on sex ≠ feminism. Besides, I somehow doubt she would be happy with the following (all-female) cabinet:
Prime Minister and 1st Lord of the Treasury: Priti Patel (Con)
Chancellor of the Exchequer: Anne Widdecombe (BXP)
Home Secretary: Andrea Leadsom (Con)
Foreign Secretary: Suella Braverman (Con)
Brexit Secretary: Anuntsiata Rees-Mogg (BXP)
Special Advisor to the Prime Minister (what Cummings does): Isabel Oakeshott (non-partisan).
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The loopy green party are at it again, am I right to feel offended, could you imagine the uproar if Corbyn or Johnson called a emergency male cabinet to achive anything....
This is the double standard that is shown and people ignore. The hypocrisy is incredible.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I say give it a go. They can't do any worse than the current lot, Priti Patel included.
the beer
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
:lol:

"Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions."

That's not my experience, maybe after a few tabs of LSD though.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Lucas has gone loopy.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by the beer)
:lol:

"Why women? Because I believe women have shown they can bring a different perspective to crises, are able to reach out to those they disagree with and cooperate to find solutions."

That's not my experience, maybe after a few tabs of LSD though.
:clap2:
statsboi2002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
For once in my life I agree with Liz Truss: "Is there anything more sexist than claiming your gender determines your worldview/behaviour/attitude?"
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 1 week ago
"In my experience, women tend to be less tribal, they tend to find it easier to establish trust more quickly," she told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.
Women are far more tribal than men...

https://doi.org/10.1037%2F0022-3514.87.4.494
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Intersectional and THIRD wave feminist politics in action
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
This is the double standard that is shown and people ignore. The hypocrisy is incredible.
Agree, it wont get off the ground. I hope it deters anyone from voting for this loon's
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Mhairi Black for PM
Diane Abbot for Chancellor
Theresa May for Brexit Secretary
Someone with tact and diplomacy for the NI Office-I know Priti Patel
Give Ruth Davidson and Arlene Foster a couple of peerages and they can jobshare Minister for Equalities
Caroline Lucas Secretary of State for Defence
Pmsl abbott for Chancellor

Well she's female so must be better than a man .....
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Agree, it wont get off the ground. I hope it deters anyone from voting for this loon's
It is interesting how some of these so-called liberal female MPs have such views. Jo Swinson publicly said that she wont uphold a second referendum, if it was a vote to leave. Ms Lucas has now come up with a clearly sexist proposal. It is incredible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%