Should I take emergency pill? Watch

Dancy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just have sex with my boyfriend and we use pull out method, also, I got implant three month ago. Should I take an emergency pill, or I’m fine? Cuz I’m afraid that I might get pregnant.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Apachecow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No need if you have the implant. Relax
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dancy)
I just have sex with my boyfriend and we use pull out method, also, I got implant three month ago. Should I take an emergency pill, or I’m fine? Cuz I’m afraid that I might get pregnant.
The pull out method is not a method of contraception. You have the implant, so you should be fine.

In future, if you're scared of getting pregnant even with the implant, use condoms as well. But please do not think the pull out method is a valid form of contraception.
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
The pull out method is not a method of contraception.
It is. In the same way abstinence is. It's MORE effective than condoms or the pill if done properly. It also will reduce the failure rate of other methods

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...od-pulling-out
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
It is. In the same way abstinence is. It's MORE effective than condoms or the pill if done properly. It also will reduce the failure rate of other methods

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...od-pulling-out
"But pulling out can be difficult to do perfectly. So in real life, about 22 out of 100 people who use withdrawal get pregnant every year — that’s about 1 in 5.

The reality is withdrawal isn’t as effective as other types of birth control"

Yeah, I'm not gonna recommend this to anyone. The pill and condoms can be 97-99% effective, yet this "method" is only 80% effective. I'd much rather myself and others stick to proper contraception. You do whatever you want with preventing pregnancy, but this isn't one I'll be recommending to anyone
Apachecow
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If the implant is 99% effective and pull out 80% effective then it still makes things more safe than letting the bloke ejaculate inside you. That is NOT bad advice.

Fact is if you don't take the pill properly or use condoms properly you increase your risk of pregnancy. Pull out can be used very effectively by some couples - lets not bury our heads in the sand and pretend otherwise. It does add a safety factor to other methods of contraception.

It would never be something I'd advise as a sole method of contraception. Lets inform people accurately, not based on your prejudice.
Last edited by DrawTheLine; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.76%
Excited (150)
8.99%
Worried (302)
18.09%
Terrified (374)
22.41%
Meh (153)
9.17%
Confused (37)
2.22%
Putting on a brave face (229)
13.72%
Impatient (211)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise