Opinions on my Powerful Supplement Regimen Watch

Polymath0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
These are the supplements I intend to use synergistically:

Omega 3 (1000mg) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strength-So...ct_top?ie=UTF8

+ B Complex (with Vitamin D) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enriched-Bi...ct_top?ie=UTF8

[Above taken in combination]

+ Reflex Nutrition Zinc Matrix (@ evening) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reflex-Nutr...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I will alternate consumption of the supplements above every other day with the supplements below:

Omega 3 (1000mg) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strength-So...ct_top?ie=UTF8

+ Vitamin D, K2 & Calcium https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitamin-Cal...ugstore&sr=1-3

[Above taken in combination]

+ Maca Root Capsules (5600mg) (@ evening) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maca-Argini...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I am seeking naturally to increase testosterone, nourish skin, heighten libido, build stamina and muscle, better facial hair, improve mental clarity, aid longevity, etc.

I want to know if the schedule, doses and combinations will have an overall positive effect and assist effectively my goals.

What do you think?
Polymath0
Rep:
?
Could an admin kindly correct the spelling of a word in the title: it's regimen, not regiment.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
yes and moved your thread to Health
Polymath0
Rep:
?
Can I get your thoughts, please?
sknudson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Let me dig into the troves of my Holland and Barrett indoctrination:

- Maca root and zinc will both measurably improve seminal health, but improved sperm quality and motility won't in itself improve testosterone levels. There's nothing on the market that will provide measurable effects on serum testosterone values besides anabolic steroids. Some positive studies have been done using tribulus terrestris on those with existing health issues and drug addiction, but healthy control subjects don't have improved values. Consider tribulus for libido over maca if that's a key concern. It's far faster acting over maca. Maca also needs to be dosed daily and in much higher quantities than what you're getting there (3g/lb) for any sustained effect. You'll probably need to pop dozens of those caps daily. Horny goat weed is another worthwhile consideration for rapid release.

- Omega 3 has only been proven in studies to work in synergy with B6 and B9 when it comes to decreasing serum triglycerides and increasing fibrinogen. Good if your cholesterol is through the roof and/or are insulin resistant and/or have problems with blood clots, but not good for what you're looking for.

- K2 is best used by older women looking to improve bone density and calcium + D is a good stack for that. There's also some emerging evidence to suggest it's protective against CVD, which works nicely with your omega and B complex. Athletic performance would be a novel approach.

For what you're looking to do, I'd ditch the lot if you're otherwise fit and healthy without cholesterol issues and even then there's better ways of going about dropping it.
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you're getting shekelsteined big time
Polymath0
Rep:
?
(Original post by sknudson)
Let me dig into the troves of my Holland and Barrett indoctrination:

- Maca root and zinc will both measurably improve seminal health, but improved sperm quality and motility won't in itself improve testosterone levels. There's nothing on the market that will provide measurable effects on serum testosterone values besides anabolic steroids. Some positive studies have been done using tribulus terrestris on those with existing health issues and drug addiction, but healthy control subjects don't have improved values. Consider tribulus for libido over maca if that's a key concern. It's far faster acting over maca. Maca also needs to be dosed daily and in much higher quantities than what you're getting there (3g/lb) for any sustained effect. You'll probably need to pop dozens of those caps daily. Horny goat weed is another worthwhile consideration for rapid release.

- Omega 3 has only been proven in studies to work in synergy with B6 and B9 when it comes to decreasing serum triglycerides and increasing fibrinogen. Good if your cholesterol is through the roof and/or are insulin resistant and/or have problems with blood clots, but not good for what you're looking for.

- K2 is best used by older women looking to improve bone density and calcium + D is a good stack for that. There's also some emerging evidence to suggest it's protective against CVD, which works nicely with your omega and B complex. Athletic performance would be a novel approach.

For what you're looking to do, I'd ditch the lot if you're otherwise fit and healthy without cholesterol issues and even then there's better ways of going about dropping it.
Thanks so much for your input.

What superior alternatives do you recommend for attainment of my goals? Tribulus has been noted for libido. What about the others?
Polymath0
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
you're getting shekelsteined big time
Can you explain why you think so?
sknudson
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Polymath0)
Thanks so much for your input.

What superior alternatives do you recommend for attainment of my goals? Tribulus has been noted for libido. What about the others?
Here's to wishing I still had my H&B guidebook of all these, but I'll see what I can remember:

increase testosterone: there are no supplemental options. Instead of spending money of supplements, consider ordering a blood test privately to check on your values if you feel they're low. You'll have access to testosterone injections if they actually are low and can ditch the whole idea of using supplements for your sexual health. I'm a member of the jab club myself.

nourish skin: not a concern I ever really dealt with in shop. People seemed to really swear by aloe vera gel and Hairburst brand stuff, but I can't say I noticed any real difference. Biotin is the only stand out that I've tried for my own long hair and it tends to make it more voluminous rather than being nourished. Zinc and Vit E are worthwhile contenders for skin as well. You'd probably do better taking a general multivitamin, drinking a lot more water, and jumping in a sauna every now and then for your skin.

heighten libido: tribulus is king, but isn't widely available from reputable sources. Horny goat weed is more accessible and is a good silver medal. If you're having libido concerns, then consider your diet. Too much processed food and sugar is a libido killer. Don't ever put plastic ready meals in a microwave if you value your sexual health.

build stamina and muscle: high reps, diet, rest, destress. I've had a bottle of ashwagandha on my desk for awhile, but haven't tried it. Supposedly a good link for recovery and is backed by human-based studies. Consider bromelain if you're upping your protein considerably.

better facial hair: genetics. I don't grow much facial hair, so can't help you there.

improve mental clarity: dendrobium and rhodiola are both excellent novel nootropics. Ginkgo biloba is a default recommendation. Dropping your carbs and cleaning up your diet will do more for that.

aid longevity: apple cider vinegar before main meals, slippery elm bark, echinacea, insoluble fibre supplement of your choice, and astragalus. Baking soda also improves the quality of life in cancer patients, but you'll never hear that in store.
Last edited by sknudson; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%