Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, (please keep annonymous, thanks) erm well, recently I've noticed a strange sort of rash on my groin. I'm a guy, and i don't think it could be an STD because I've not had sex, and not recently had close contace with anyone. This is kind of on the inside of my thighs, where my testicles are, but not on the scrotum, on the leg area. It is not raised, and does not feel diffrerent from any of my other skin, wouldn't notice it other than to look at it.

Now, I thouhgt I'd just leave it, and see if it goes away soon, but that is becoming less and less likely. I don't know wether this will have any impact, but I'm quite hairy around there, would a shave/BIG trim help? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Give it a few days to see if it goes down. Have you used any new shower gel or something lately? - it might be an allergic reaction. If it doesn't go away, and you're worried, go to the doctor.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
its shafing, get some moisturiser and it will go in a day, im a cyclist i get it all the time
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by RosiePosiePuddingAndPie)
Give it a few days to see if it goes down. Have you used any new shower gel or something lately? - it might be an allergic reaction. If it doesn't go away, and you're worried, go to the doctor.
Not used any new shower gel recently. Pretty sure its not that. Thanks though!
marcusfox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Your doctor may diagnose this as psoriasis.

Marcus
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by RosiePosiePuddingAndPie)
No youre wrong, very wrong. I am a CYCLIST i get this all the time.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It could be chafing if its right at the top of your legs, especially if your thighs rub together slightly as you walk.

Try using something like savlon on the area, it should cool the rashy area down.
J-D
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It could be from wearing tight trousersss
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No youre wrong, very wrong. I am a CYCLIST i get this all the time.
LOL at you going anonymous to say that :rolleyes:

Ok, so CYCLISTS get rashes on their inner thigh. Doesn't mean that's the only cause. Yes, it could be chafing - my boyfriend got a rash there because a particular pair of boxers were rubbing, and he hasn't cycled in years. But I've had a rash on my thighs because I was allergic to a shower gel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads