Should I let my professor know? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
This may be a stupid question to ask but I'll explain the situation.

So I am taking two online courses this summer to graduate early from uni. My professor assigned us an assignment at the beginning of the summer semester, which was to find a partner in our class and to do two live chats. So I partnered up with another girl from the class. This is a Spanish class. The first live chat went very well and we got an A. It's been three weeks since that live chat and we have the final one which is due tomorrow at midnight.

Here's where the problem started. My partner emailed me about a week and a half ago to ask if I was still interested in being her partner, which I had told her from the last live chat if she wanted us to work together again and she agreed. I said of course and I also asked her if the following Monday (this past Monday) would work for her around noon. She sent me her email on Thursday (Aug. 1) afternoon. I replied to her an hour later. She did not reply to my email until this past Tuesday. I know people's lives can get hectic around this time but I was hoping she would of at least replied sooner. So Monday was out of the question now. She apologizes in her email and asks what time would work for me. So I emailed her back the following morning asking if Thursday or Friday around the same time or later would work for her. Never received a response. It's now Sunday and the assignment is due tomorrow. I'm thinking of emailing the professor and asking if there is another way I can do this assignment without her. Though I do feel bad; I'm not going to mention to my professor who she is but I will leave her without a partner to do this assignment. Especially since I'm fluent in Spanish and she needed a lot of help with this assignment, but I don't think it's fair of her to leave me hanging there without even saying something like hey I'm busy, idk if I'll get to his assignment. So should I just let the professor know and do it on my own?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This may be a stupid question to ask but I'll explain the situation.

So I am taking two online courses this summer to graduate early from uni. My professor assigned us an assignment at the beginning of the summer semester, which was to find a partner in our class and to do two live chats. So I partnered up with another girl from the class. This is a Spanish class. The first live chat went very well and we got an A. It's been three weeks since that live chat and we have the final one which is due tomorrow at midnight.

Here's where the problem started. My partner emailed me about a week and a half ago to ask if I was still interested in being her partner, which I had told her from the last live chat if she wanted us to work together again and she agreed. I said of course and I also asked her if the following Monday (this past Monday) would work for her around noon. She sent me her email on Thursday (Aug. 1) afternoon. I replied to her an hour later. She did not reply to my email until this past Tuesday. I know people's lives can get hectic around this time but I was hoping she would of at least replied sooner. So Monday was out of the question now. She apologizes in her email and asks what time would work for me. So I emailed her back the following morning asking if Thursday or Friday around the same time or later would work for her. Never received a response. It's now Sunday and the assignment is due tomorrow. I'm thinking of emailing the professor and asking if there is another way I can do this assignment without her. Though I do feel bad; I'm not going to mention to my professor who she is but I will leave her without a partner to do this assignment. Especially since I'm fluent in Spanish and she needed a lot of help with this assignment, but I don't think it's fair of her to leave me hanging there without even saying something like hey I'm busy, idk if I'll get to his assignment. So should I just let the professor know and do it on my own?
Moved to uni life as this is not about relationships

Yes, definitely email your professor, although it is the weekend so you may not get a response in time for when it's due.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey,

Yeah, get in contact! You shouldn't let your own grades fall down due to other people not being organised and ready.

Get ahead of it as quickly as you can and let them know the full extent of the situation. I know you probably feel like you should be nice - but be brutally honest and clear cut. Best way!

Joshua
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads