The Student Room Group

Slade UCL - Clearing

I’m planning on applying to Slade school of fine art through clearing, although they are not currently on the list for unis accepting clearing offers. Can I still try applying in results day ? Secondly, I didn’t do art & design or any art related subject for A - levels although I have lots of work I could show them. It’s not necessarily in a portfolio style, more like different paintings and sculptures.
Thanks !
As far as I know UCL does not accept clearing.
However if you got a grade higher than your original offer you might be eligible to adjustment.
There is a slightly small possibility that UCL accepts adjustment student if their course aren't out of places so just phone them up to ask if you really wanna do so
Reply 2
I would think this highly unlikely as Slade only make offers to around 13%of normal applicants. If this is what you really want get yourself on a foundation year in Art and Design Level 4 at somewhere like Ual or Royal Drawing School or equivalent and apply next year. Look on Slades website for Portfolio guidance.
Original post by windowpane
I’m planning on applying to Slade school of fine art through clearing, although they are not currently on the list for unis accepting clearing offers. Can I still try applying in results day ? Secondly, I didn’t do art & design or any art related subject for A - levels although I have lots of work I could show them. It’s not necessarily in a portfolio style, more like different paintings and sculptures.
Thanks !

Why do you think such an oversubscribed course would be in clearing?

If you want to study fine art you’ll need your work in a portfolio (as well as sketchbooks showing how you develop your work from ideas to finished piece).

This sounds like a very last minute decision.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Why do you think such an oversubscribed course would be in clearing?

If you want to study fine art you’ll need your work in a portfolio (as well as sketchbooks showing how you develop your work from ideas to finished piece).

This sounds like a very last minute decision.

It is last minute.com but your response was a little late as well , would have liked you to reply sooner as soon as I posted. However...
“Slow and steady wins the race”
Reply 5
It is last minute.com but your response was a little late as well , would have liked you to reply sooner as soon as I posted. However...
“Slow and steady wins the race”

You know I’m only pulling your leg. Bit of a joker at this moment in time. Just out of interest, what did you study ?
Reply 6
Original post by Scotney
I would think this highly unlikely as Slade only make offers to around 13%of normal applicants. If this is what you really want get yourself on a foundation year in Art and Design Level 4 at somewhere like Ual or Royal Drawing School or equivalent and apply next year. Look on Slades website for Portfolio guidance.

I see. Great facts here, will have to keep trying my best to get into a good art and design course.
I see. Great facts here, will have to keep trying my best to get into a good art and design course.

Hi there,

I hope you're well :smile:

I thought I'd get in touch with you since you're interested in doing a BA in Fine Art. I'm a graduate from LCC (part of the University of the Arts London) and there are still places on the BA (Hons) Fine Art and Sculpture course, so I thought I'd send you the link: https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/fine-art/undergraduate/ba-hons-fine-art-sculpture-camberwell

If you'd like to talk to someone on the phone feel free to get in touch with the clearing team on +44 (0)20 3603 0697.

Also, here's a guide to applying: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/undergraduate-study/clearing/clearing-guide

Hope this helps but if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch!

Speak soon :h:
Céline
Student Rep.
Reply 8
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi there,

I hope you're well :smile:

I thought I'd get in touch with you since you're interested in doing a BA in Fine Art. I'm a graduate from LCC (part of the University of the Arts London) and there are still places on the BA (Hons) Fine Art and Sculpture course, so I thought I'd send you the link: https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/fine-art/undergraduate/ba-hons-fine-art-sculpture-camberwell

If you'd like to talk to someone on the phone feel free to get in touch with the clearing team on +44 (0)20 3603 0697.

Also, here's a guide to applying: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/undergraduate-study/clearing/clearing-guide

Hope this helps but if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch!

Speak soon :h:
Céline
Student Rep.

Hello Celine,

Thank you for your response.

I will definitely get in touch with someone from clearing soon.

Just a quick question- how many examples of my artwork do I need to display in the portfolio?
Hello Celine,

Thank you for your response.

I will definitely get in touch with someone from clearing soon.

Just a quick question- how many examples of my artwork do I need to display in the portfolio?

Hiya!

That's alright 😃

Here's what they've written regarding Portfolio advice:
- Your portfolio should include visual research you have conducted, contextual statements, sketchbooks and any supporting material made in the development of your work
- It is important to carefully edit and select the contents of your portfolio so that you can discuss your working methods and decisions
- If you include video work you should bring a laptop or tablet with the video file set up to play

There's no minimum, or maximum of examples but make sure that your portfolio represents yourself and show who you are. They're more about quality than quantity so I wouldn't add artwork just to add them. I think they're also interested in understand why you're showing this, and what the artwork is about, why it was done that way etc. Make sure that what you write is clear and make sense.

Speak soon and good luck for everything!
Céline
Student Rep.
I think Kingston have BA Fine Art too in clearing. Best Wishes
Reply 11
Original post by Scotney
I think Kingston have BA Fine Art too in clearing. Best Wishes

Thanks Scotney!
Thanks Scotney!

Daughter going there so feel free to ask if you want to know anything. I will do my best to answer.

Quick Reply

Latest