Complaining to Apple

Watch
Fruli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was wondering if anyone has an email address for making a formal complaint at Apple?

I've spoken to Apple Care several times and they don't seem to want to provide one. I'm starting to wonder if they don't want things to be in writing.

It looks like I might need to pursue the matter via ADR, but I need to demonstrate to ADR that I've tried to go through Apple's formal complaints process.

Unfortunately Apple is insistent on dealing with me via phone only.

I was given Tim Cook's email address by someone from a MacBook forum. He says there's a team that monitors it and triage's the emails. It would be a last resort escalation, but it's best to exhaust all other avenues first.

Does anyone here know of any other complaint avenues that will allow me to have a written communication trail such as an email?
username612415
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fruli)
I was wondering if anyone has an email address for making a formal complaint at Apple?

I've spoken to Apple Care several times and they don't seem to want to provide one. I'm starting to wonder if they don't want things to be in writing.

It looks like I might need to pursue the matter via ADR, but I need to demonstrate to ADR that I've tried to go through Apple's formal complaints process.

Unfortunately Apple is insistent on dealing with me via phone only.

I was given Tim Cook's email address by someone from a MacBook forum. He says there's a team that monitors it and triage's the emails. It would be a last resort escalation, but it's best to exhaust all other avenues first.

Does anyone here know of any other complaint avenues that will allow me to have a written communication trail such as an email?
I can assure you that you do not have Tim Cook's email address. At best it's a corporate account with his name on it to make people feel like they're reaching the top people. More likely it's just a shell email to divert this sort of stuff into, or even more likely it's a random guy on the internet that's made it up entirely.

Beyond that they do not have a formal complaint email as best I can tell, just feedback forms on their website for their various products. If their formal complaint process is via phone then record that conversation and hope that counts as sufficient proof. Alternatively go into an Apple Store and ask the manager for an email address you can send a formal complaint to.

What's the issue, out of interest?
Fruli
Rep:
?
Okay. It doesn't matter if it's not Tim Cook's email address. As long it's an email that will create an email trail of communication as I will need to demonstrate to ADR that I've gone through formal processes.

It's about a 2 year old MacBook Pro logic board which died. Apparently I may have rights via Consumer Law 2015.
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
use the small claims court if you actually have rights to repair under consumer law 2015
The judge won’t look favourably upon me, if I launch into legal action, without demonstrating that I’ve tried to resolve it with Apple first
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (9)
12.86%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.71%
I need help with my personal statement (29)
41.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (18)
25.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.29%

Watched Threads