Being a gay student in St Andrews worries! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I am going to St Andrews in September and I'm worried that I'm gonna struggle meeting other gay guys and finding a boyfriend etc. seeing as it is such a small uni with such little night life in the town - is there anyone who has been to St Andrews that could help me out with this?!
inspiringcolours
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Statistically speaking, there will be plenty of other gay guys there!
mrbean522
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I can't help with St Andrews I'm afraid but I'm gay and wanting to meet other guys?
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
I'm not going to St Andrews but I can give you my address so that we can hook up xx 💦
margiekins
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
well you already have 2 takers I guess
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am going to St Andrews in September and I'm worried that I'm gonna struggle meeting other gay guys and finding a boyfriend etc. seeing as it is such a small uni with such little night life in the town - is there anyone who has been to St Andrews that could help me out with this?!
Get Grindr you'll find many you can hookup with
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lilacdolphin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I mean I'm not at St Andrew's but I know a lot of students will go on nights out to Dundee so that's always an option?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #3
Report 5 days ago
Grindr, LGBT society, gay bars. If bored, go to Dundee/Edinburgh for a night out.
Anonymous #4
Report 5 days ago
I should(hopefully) be going there in September, I'm gay, but I do have a boyfriend, we can always be friends though
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I should(hopefully) be going there in September, I'm gay, but I do have a boyfriend, we can always be friends though
Awesome - do you know what halls you’re hopefully gonna be in yet?
Anonymous #5
Report 5 days ago
I’m just going to be straight up with you. Yes, you wil going to have a hard time being gay at St. Andrews. The uni is very conservative, and many students are from a upper-class background who also holds conservative views.

Nevertheless, there are LGBTQ+ clubs which is starting to make the uni more catering to members from the LGBTQ+ groups.
Anonymous #4
Report 5 days ago
Awesome - do you know what halls you’re hopefully gonna be in yet?
Not too sure because I signed up for that stuff with my school email, which I no longer have access too(I'm an idiot I know)
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
People from St Andrews always come to Dundee or Edinburgh for a night out. We have a gay bar in Dundee called Klozet that does good drag queen acts
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Not too sure because I signed up for that stuff with my school email, which I no longer have access too(I'm an idiot I know)
are you gonna get involved in the LGBT society??
Anonymous #4
Report 3 days ago
are you gonna get involved in the LGBT society??
I might go and check it out, I've no clue what they really do there sooooo
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed