How do you cope with going to a job interview when anxiety might affect the job? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have an interview coming up which I am pretty well prepared for in terms of having completed the set task etc, but am really doubting whether I could actually successfully fulfill the role if I even get it (e.g. anxiety messes up my attendance and/or I end up crying and feeling really stressed the whole time until I quit)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an interview coming up which I am pretty well prepared for in terms of having completed the set task etc, but am really doubting whether I could actually successfully fulfill the role if I even get it (e.g. anxiety messes up my attendance and/or I end up crying and feeling really stressed the whole time until I quit)
You cant really afford to mess up your attendance.
I would say start part time voluntary and get used to being in a working environment, then move up from there. Vol you are still meant to show up, but you dont have the pressure of a paid job as you can quit. More experience you get then the more you will realise you can cope and will thus be less anxious.

If you do get the job, then just focus on the basics turning up, doing what you are told, making an effort, being polite etc and do it one day at a time. Sometimes peoples anxieties are about events that are highly unlikely.

There are various methods for trying to lessen in work anxiety, but get the job offer first and dont think beyond that.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
16.35%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (31)
14.9%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (43)
20.67%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (77)
37.02%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (11)
5.29%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise