The Student Room Group

Does economics degree have C4?

Will I have to do C4 modules such as vectors etc????? If so I'm ****ed ahlieee
Reply 1
Im not sure why you think I would know anything about this?...
Additionally you only posted 4 minutes ago, please wait a while before bumping :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by CoolCavy
Im not sure why you think I would know anything about this?...
Additionally you only posted 4 minutes ago, please wait a while before bumping :smile:

Please I want to know now if it has c4 so I can edit my cv before results day
Original post by Anonymous
Please I want to know now if it has c4 so I can edit my cv before results day

I have no idea, I've never done economics. You would have been better off posting this in the economics forum
I imagine any calculus may be used (although economics skews towards differentiation methods rather than integration as I understand), along with any basic algebra and functions material. The bimonial theorem and sequences/series will probably be quite relevant for stats and probability elements (and if you end up broaching some proper analysis content, in the more mathematical courses). Although I highly doubt you'll use vectors directly in an economics course, it's quite likely you'll learn about matrices (possibly going into linear algebra territory for more mathematical courses such as Warwick and LSE) which are related.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
I imagine any calculus may be used (although economics skews towards differentiation methods rather than integration as I understand), along with any basic algebra and functions material. The bimonial theorem and sequences/series will probably be quite relevant for stats and probability elements (and if you end up broaching some proper analysis content, in the more mathematical courses). Although I highly doubt you'll use vectors in an economics course, it's quite likely you'll learn about matrices (possibly going into linear algebra territory for more mathematical courses such as Warwick and LSE) which are related.

Cheers
I'd assume you would be doing lots of maths, especially for economectrics at a level beyond c4 and A level, at least that's what I've been told about my uni. Linear Algebra (so vector spaces matrices etc.) , statistical inference (probability distributions, Hypothesis testing, estimators, stochastic processes) and calculus are the main areas, but don't worry it will be taught and you may be able to avoid some of it in later years because of module choices.
Reply 8
Original post by NotNotBatman
I'd assume you would be doing lots of maths, especially for economectrics at a level beyond c4 and A level, at least that's what I've been told about my uni. Linear Algebra (so vector spaces matrices etc.) , statistical inference (probability distributions, Hypothesis testing, estimators, stochastic processes) and calculus are the main areas, but don't worry it will be taught and you may be able to avoid some of it in later years because of module choices.

That's great, I'll definitely avoid them because I got a D in my C4 module at a level, not great

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending