The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
Lol I'm a cheapskate :p: I'm happy to share a bathroom too, if it makes it cheaper. Although I draw the line at sharing a room! I didn't even know universities did that! I was really shocked when I saw it on the accommodation application thing - I wrote a load of excuses for why I couldn't share a room with someone in that box :p:

Cross your toes too - it's painful, but it's gotta be extra luck?! :p:

I don't think they use the shared room thing much anymore. This girl that showed me around said they only used it in the old catered accomodation types, and try not to make people share unless they really want to.

I don't want to share a bathroom either. En-suite all the way!!
I wish I could go up to Sheffield and personally persuade the accomodation lady to give me what I want.
mollymustard
I don't think they use the shared room thing much anymore. This girl that showed me around said they only used it in the old catered accomodation types, and try not to make people share unless they really want to.

I don't want to share a bathroom either. En-suite all the way!!
I wish I could go up to Sheffield and personally persuade the accomodation lady to give me what I want.

What with the new Endcliffe buildings, it's a really big group of accommodation, so you might find you're in luck with accommodation though :smile: I'm quite worried about the new people - I get on with most people, but what if you end up in a flat with really bad personality clashes? That would be horrible for a whole year!
Reply 22
just to clarify enb6 is on the 19th isn't it?
'cause my friend just scared me into thinking that its tomorrow :| I hope it's not otherwise I'm going to fail miserably.
RosiePosiePuddingAndPie
What with the new Endcliffe buildings, it's a really big group of accommodation, so you might find you're in luck with accommodation though :smile: I'm quite worried about the new people - I get on with most people, but what if you end up in a flat with really bad personality clashes? That would be horrible for a whole year!

Yeah I'm really hoping for one of the new ones so badly. They'd suit me completely.

I spose it could happen - that personality clash thing, but If there are 6 or so people together then at least a few should get on.
If the clashes are really bad, at least you can just lock yourself in your room every so often. Its only for 7 months or so anyway (well Sept - June with holidays).
xxnaomixx
'cause my friend just scared me into thinking that its tomorrow :| I hope it's not otherwise I'm going to fail miserably.

Yep, it is :smile: it's in the afternoon.

And welcome to TSR :smile:
xxnaomixx

Yeah, the 19th! Ignore your friend :P
Reply 26
I almost had a heart attack thinking it could be tomorrow haha
I'm no where near ready prepared for this. Also I've never done a past paper, my teacher just made us look at them not actually do them :s-smilie: and then she collected them in at the end of the lesson. I'm going to have to find some online
mollymustard
Yeah I'm really hoping for one of the new ones so badly. They'd suit me completely.

I spose it could happen - that personality clash thing, but If there are 6 or so people together then at least a few should get on.
If the clashes are really bad, at least you can just lock yourself in your room every so often. Its only for 7 months or so anyway (well Sept - June with holidays).

Lol that's true. I would love one of the really big flats, lots of people. I also hope it's a bit like Hollyoaks :p: The new ones do look really good, especially from the pictures in that thread in the Sheffield section. I'd be pretty happy to live in one of them, even though they're a bit more expensive!
xxnaomixx
I'm no where near ready prepared for this. Also I've never done a past paper, my teacher just made us look at them not actually do them :s-smilie: and then she collected them in at the end of the lesson. I'm going to have to find some online

I haven't looked, but I bet there will be some on the AQA site.
I think the best thing with past papers is to practise the annotating the sources. I haven't written many up (because it takes tiiiiiiiime :p:) but analysing the sources is definitely useful :smile:
xxnaomixx

Don't panic too much. The analysis skills are kind of the same as the ones we used at AS, especially in the context modules.

As long as you have a look at a past paper so you know what to expect, and read over some of the key development and aquisition facts/theories you'll be fine.

Also a big Welcome to TSR from me as well :biggrin:
I'm just warning you, this site is rediculously addictive!
Its scary..this is the final furlong and we can never resit anything so were stuck with our grades :afraid:
Reply 31
how easy/hard do you recon it would be to get a D grade in this paper? Because i need to get a D grade on the dot to end the year off on a C. 60/120 UMS basically.
ADhatt
how easy/hard do you recon it would be to get a D grade in this paper? Because i need to get a D grade on the dot to end the year off on a C. 60/120 UMS basically.

I reckon it wouldnt be too hard, as long as you show secure analysis with reference to the frameworks and a give little context as well.
Reply 33
mollymustard
I reckon it wouldnt be too hard, as long as you show secure analysis with reference to the frameworks and a give little context as well.

ok lets say i mentioned a far amount regarding theorists in child lang and the pragmatics of social contexts then i should be fine here.

im just worried that the language change section may bring my marks down. i feel that im struggling here lol. How do you find it best revising for this section?
ADhatt
ok lets say i mentioned a far amount regarding theorists in child lang and the pragmatics of social contexts then i should be fine here.

im just worried that the language change section may bring my marks down. i feel that im struggling here lol. How do you find it best revising for this section?

There is only a limited amount you can revise for language change.
Just try and get to grips with the key ideas, such as printing press, regulation of spelling. Once you know the timeline of language change you should be able to drop a bit of knowledge into your answer here and there.
Botticello
Its scary..this is the final furlong and we can never resit anything so were stuck with our grades :afraid:

Ooo I know exactly what you mean! It's pretty scary!

And I think to get a D is pretty achievable. And if you need a D to average a C, you must have got at least Cs last year and stuff. So long as you use the frameworks, and make sure you're answering the question that's being asked, you should be fine :smile:
I'm doing this, the only exams i have left are English (this one and editorial writing). I've done like 5 maths exams before this though, so it will be weird to have to write well!
Reply 37
I only need a E to get a B overall, but i would like a A!!!

I'm okay with the Language acquisition, it's the Language change i hate! Strange, as it used to be the other way round!!
Reply 38
stacey4415
I only need a E to get a B overall, but i would like a A!!!

I'm okay with the Language acquisition, it's the Language change i hate! Strange, as it used to be the other way round!!

hmm true say. i've been looking at past papers and the only texts which seem to come up for language change are those from around 1500 onwards i seem to find. Kind of awkward seeming as we have to revise all the influences from norman invasion, vikings, anglo saxons etc which i dont see how I can link in to the answers :frown: lol
Reply 39
I need a high E (middle D for safety) to secure my overall C.

Fingers crossed for this exam.

Latest

Trending

Trending