Whistle_1989
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
woop woop!
was my last exam too and i also did questions 1 & 4!
Hoooope I did ok, can anyone tell me If i got an overall C at AS Level and a B for ENB5 and a High D/Low C for my coursework then what do i need to get in this exam to get a B?? X
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You'd need an A to get a B overall in that situation surely?
My last exam aswell woohoo!
Singh42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Belle-x)
I was looking at examples of past answers this morning and to get an E it was prettyyy basic! I only needed an E in this exam so I really hope I've done okay
where can we find mark schemes on how to get E's or D's etc or even past answers?
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ADhatt)
where can we find mark schemes on how to get E's or D's etc or even past answers?
Past papers - http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/englab_assess.php

Mark schemes (at the end) - http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5...-WRE-JUN06.PDF

Gooner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
For question one did people start focussing more on James' use of language to be assertive?
Belle-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Gooner)
For question one did people start focussing more on James' use of language to be assertive?
I focussed on James much more than Molly or Charlotte. I barely mentioned Molly I think! :\ I think it went okay though.
Singh42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Belle-x)
I focussed on James much more than Molly or Charlotte. I barely mentioned Molly I think! :\ I think it went okay though.
likewise
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:ditto: Other than the fact that she was watching TV in transcript A, so that would explain why she was abrupt
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:ditto: Other than the fact that she was watching TV in transcript A, so that would explain why she was abrupt
I don't think I mentioned Molly once.

I mentioned a bit about Charlotte's abilities though and compared it to James'.
Singh42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
right at the start of extract A did it say:

"mum look i'm a beel barrow"

or

"mum look its a beel barrow" ?
wazza07
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh dear - I'm such a ****!
When Molly was saying the one word utterances I said because her mother was paying more attention to James. :rolleyes: After I put my pen down I was like booooooooooo it was cos she was watching TV - didn't have time to correct it!
Clefeen
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
right at the start of extract A did it say:

"mum look i'm a beel barrow"

or

"mum look its a beel barrow" ?
Mum look i'm a beel barrow

I talked about Skinner within the first few utterances. Hope I was right.
mollymustard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Made me laugh the girl in Text 1 was called Molly!

I did questions 2 & 4 in the end, felt like I had more to say about Where the Wild Things Are than the transcript.
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Clefeen)
Mum look i'm a beel barrow

I talked about Skinner within the first few utterances. Hope I was right.
Woops...I didn't notice the child was saying he was a 'beelbarrow'. That said, I did get in about Skinner in the first page too!:p: I also got in velar fronting, somehow
Singh42
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Woops...I didn't notice the child was saying he was a 'beelbarrow'. That said, I did get in about Skinner in the first page too!:p: I also got in velar fronting, somehow
what do you think the child was saying then? "was" a beelbarrow or sumit else?
afc1886
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Him saying 'I am a beelbarrow' was an analysis point. He simplified the 'w' sound br substituting it for a 'b' sound. This is common amongst children when they cannot correctly pronounce a phoneme, more common is the substitution of 'w' for 'r' blah blah blah

You could also talk about care-giver speech there by saying about how the mum positively reinforces James by not disagreeing but rather just saying the correct pronounciation
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
what do you think the child was saying then? "was" a beelbarrow or sumit else?
No, I just thought he said that he had a "beelbarrow":p: That said I didn't make a point of the first sentence, just the child's substitution of the "wh" phoneme for "b" as it's easier to say;yes;
Lizzybiz
Report 11 years ago
Hi, Hope everyone did good in their exam!!!

I did question 1 and 4 like a lot of people did. I thought that question 1 was a good text cos lots to write about James' language and also about CDS.

I thought that beelbarrow was either James being unable to articulate the 'Wh' sound or that it was the fis phenomenon, where the child thinks they are saying it the same as their parent. Did anyone else think that?????????????

Oh I also put that when his mum corrected him but didn't actually say he was wrong, that she was recasting it.

I normally forgot about theory in mocks but I actually used Skinner, Bruner, Chomsky and someone else... :O shocker for me!

xxx
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lizzybiz)
Hi, Hope everyone did good in their exam!!!

I did question 1 and 4 like a lot of people did. I thought that question 1 was a good text cos lots to write about James' language and also about CDS.

I thought that beelbarrow was either James being unable to articulate the 'Wh' sound or that it was the fis phenomenon, where the child thinks they are saying it the same as their parent. Did anyone else think that?

I normally forgot about theory in mocks but I actually used Skinner, Bruner, Chomsky and someone else... :O shocker for me!

xxx
I think it could have been both here. I personally wrote that he simplified the "wh" sound to "b", but the thought of it being the Berko and Brown fis' phenomenon did enter my mind, but i decided against it for some reason:p:
emansell1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I completely ignored the context of Molly watching the TV. In fact I only just found out now that she was watching TV :| Will I lose lots of marks for that? I wrote about other contextual situations such as playing in a playhouse would distract the children...

Also I said the first utterances went against Skinner as Skinner demonstrated imitation and the child was unable to imitate the exact sounds of the mother but it demonstrated substitution as the child could pronounce plosive sounds such as "b"...

I seem to have written different things to others which can't be a good sign! Although I did do question one and four which appears to be the most popular questions. I think I did better on child language than language change... x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads