Law AND criminology help?! Watch

grungelife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was thinking of applying to criminology but I read that the job aspects aren’t very promising, so I thought I could try law AND criminology, as a double degree. Would that give me more career opportunities? Will this double degree also count as a law degree in any way?

I know that there’s law WITH criminology, and law AND criminology. I’m assuming that law WITH crim is basically law but with some criminal aspects. So, if I apply for law AND crim, would I be learning about those two subjects independently?

Would it serve as both a law and a criminology degree?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JohnHen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is a single degree.

You would need to establish if it is considered to be a qualifying law degree. Many combined degrees are not.

Those with non qualifying degrees can take a conversion course.

Read up on cilex as an alternative method of qualifying. Or even legal apprenticeship.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is a single degree and would only count as a qualifying Law degree if it was a LLB rather than a BA, which it will clearly state on the degree title, like this one at Portsmouth

https://www.port.ac.uk/study/courses...th-criminology
grungelife
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
It is a single degree and would only count as a qualifying Law degree if it was a LLB rather than a BA, which it will clearly state on the degree title, like this one at Portsmouth

https://www.port.ac.uk/study/courses...th-criminology
I can’t thank you enough for this reply! I didn’t know that a BA wasn’t a qualifying law degree and I would have applied if I hadn’t know prior. Thank you very much for your help!
grungelife
Rep:
?
(Original post by JohnHen)
It is a single degree.

You would need to establish if it is considered to be a qualifying law degree. Many combined degrees are not.

Those with non qualifying degrees can take a conversion course.

Read up on cilex as an alternative method of qualifying. Or even legal apprenticeship.
Thank you very much for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.75%
Excited (150)
8.98%
Worried (302)
18.07%
Terrified (374)
22.38%
Meh (154)
9.22%
Confused (37)
2.21%