Pregnancy paranoia Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My boyfriend and I started having sex recently (my first time but not his). The first time was the day after my period finished so I knew it would be a safe time and we did so protected with a condom (even though he began by putting it in the wrong way). The next time was 2 or 3 days my fertile period or so I believe (also protected) and finally a day or two before my period was due to begin (protected). My period can be quite irregular and I have only begun to track it recently. I was showing symptoms of my usual PMS a few days ago but nothing happened lol. I am receiving exam results in a day's time (equivalent to A levels) so I have been quite stressed about it but also this. I have also been drinking quite a lot the last month or two (celebrating after exams lol) and I'm wondering have these factors influenced my cycle. It's so difficult to know, but I can't help but panic a little.
Eloise204010
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Stock up on tests, and feel reassured by the <1% possibility of actually falling pregnant. If worst comes to worst, raise a child, have your child up for adoption, or just hit up the abortion clinic.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend and I started having sex recently (my first time but not his). The first time was the day after my period finished so I knew it would be a safe time and we did so protected with a condom (even though he began by putting it in the wrong way). The next time was 2 or 3 days my fertile period or so I believe (also protected) and finally a day or two before my period was due to begin (protected). My period can be quite irregular and I have only begun to track it recently. I was showing symptoms of my usual PMS a few days ago but nothing happened lol. I am receiving exam results in a day's time (equivalent to A levels) so I have been quite stressed about it but also this. I have also been drinking quite a lot the last month or two (celebrating after exams lol) and I'm wondering have these factors influenced my cycle. It's so difficult to know, but I can't help but panic a little.
A woman can get pregnant at any time. You may ovulate early or late, and sperm can survive up to 5 days so just keep this in mind.

You've had protected sex all of the times so the chances of you being pregnant are very slim. Yes, drinking alcohol and being stressed can affect your cycle. You also said you're irregular so please try not to stress.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
A woman can get pregnant at any time. You may ovulate early or late, and sperm can survive up to 5 days so just keep this in mind.

You've had protected sex all of the times so the chances of you being pregnant are very slim. Yes, drinking alcohol and being stressed can affect your cycle. You also said you're irregular so please try not to stress.
Thank you I appreciate this. It would just be an utter nightmare with results tomorrow!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
This exact thing happened to me. I had sex 6 months ago with my boyfriend and it was my first time too but not his. And he started off putting the condom on wrong because both of us had no idea which way it actually went on. For about 2 days after I was freaking out and I was getting super paranoid that I was pregnant, my period was late too so that was not helping the paranoia. And the night before the third day I started feeling super ill and I was freaking out. So I messaged my friend at like 2 in the morning sobbing going PLEASE CAN YOU TAKE ME TO THE DOCTORS TO GET THE MORNING AFTER PILL because there's one that's still really effective until after 3 days after sex called Ellaone. It's a really scary situation. I got put on the pill after that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
This exact thing happened to me. I had sex 6 months ago with my boyfriend and it was my first time too but not his. And he started off putting the condom on wrong because both of us had no idea which way it actually went on. For about 2 days after I was freaking out and I was getting super paranoid that I was pregnant, my period was late too so that was not helping the paranoia. And the night before the third day I started feeling super ill and I was freaking out. So I messaged my friend at like 2 in the morning sobbing going PLEASE CAN YOU TAKE ME TO THE DOCTORS TO GET THE MORNING AFTER PILL because there's one that's still really effective until after 3 days after sex called Ellaone. It's a really scary situation. I got put on the pill after that.
It's so HORRIBLE! Mine actually arrived today after a week late thank God! I'll start the pill too because honestly it is just not worth the stress otherwise. And the worst thing is you feed your paranoia by thinking of the absolute worst case scenarios when plenty of others are really irresponsible lol with no consequences. Thanks a mill for the post though made me feel soooo much better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (124)
13.6%
Excited (87)
9.54%
Worried (172)
18.86%
Terrified (208)
22.81%
Meh (67)
7.35%
Confused (25)
2.74%
Putting on a brave face (110)
12.06%
Impatient (119)
13.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise