Irans breach too far - Nuclear break out time Watch

Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Now this is an interesting article and whilst it may or may not be technically true in its assessment of Iran theoretically being able to develop a nuclear weapon in such a short amount of time - a highly questionable assertion to start with - it neglects to note the type of weapon iran would likely be capable of manufacturing. Most experts in the field of nuclear weapons postulate that if iran did decide to make a bomb it would be a fairly rudimentary one and one it would be hard pressed to deliver anywhere. It's extremely dubious any weapon would be capable of being mounted on a rocket and the chances of Iran being able to fly such a payload anywhere are only marginally less remote. Now unless the US/Israel/KSA honestly believe that Iran can physically drive or ship a nuclear/thermonuclear weapon to them this constant hand ringing over Irans supposed nuclear weapons program would so far seem to be a lot of hot air over, well, very little.
Oh, and did i mention that by literally every reliable account Iran doesnt have a nuclear weapons program in any way, shape or form?
I smell a persiaphobic conspiracy.

Thanks to its advances in nuclear technology, the country may be closer to a bomb than ever.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2019/07/11...reach-too-far/
Palmyra
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
"Micha’el Tanchum is a fellow at the Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace at Hebrew University"

One of his previous articles is titled: "Trump’s Iran Sanctions Could Work"

Imagine my surprise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.48%
Excited (93)
9.15%
Worried (190)
18.7%
Terrified (231)
22.74%
Meh (78)
7.68%
Confused (28)
2.76%