Jobs that can be done from home Watch

andy_1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have recently started a placement which will consume my entire summer and first term of my second year of university (am doing a 4 year course.) This placement is unpaid and I am looking for work that I can do from home as I don't want to give up my weekends and work 7 days a week (my placement is Monday - Friday.) I use to know of someone who had a typing job which paid pretty well which he could do from home. Does anybody know where I can find a job like this or similar where I can work from home?

Thanks.

P.S - I have also posted this in the careers sections but feel I will get a better response here.
adamcleland15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
There are plenty of typing and document processing jobs on the net

Surf around .. but ignore the ones that ask for money upfront to cover training costs or some bull****
Redpanda91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Umm any good at languages? Translate for people! Otherwise... I'm not sure.
Wow I'm helpful. Sorry =/
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Online surveys? Its not great money but if you join a lot of websites you could get about £30 a month from it. Or would your parents pay you to help out with certain things they need doing? [If you still live at home].
Or yeah, Ive just joined a typing thing to do over summer and if your a good/fast typer it can pay up to £8 and hour. But if your under 75wmp it could be as low as £3 an hour.. so depends how good you are really!
xx
undisclosed?
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Perhaps some sort of telesales thing?

or as Adam said, some sort of word processing stuff.

If not, there's the alternative of being an Avon representative.
Abz90
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by pinksparkles2)
Online surveys? Its not great money but if you join a lot of websites you could get about £30 a month from it. Or would your parents pay you to help out with certain things they need doing? [If you still live at home].
Or yeah, Ive just joined a typing thing to do over summer and if your a good/fast typer it can pay up to £8 and hour. But if your under 75wmp it could be as low as £3 an hour.. so depends how good you are really!
xx
This sounds quite interesting. What company is it if you don't mind?
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Abz90)
This sounds quite interesting. What company is it if you don't mind?
Its called Take Note Typing, google it =]
xx
~Ally~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
got a camera and a trusting girlfriend? :ninja?

seriously though, avon/bettaware/kleeneze catalogues could be good, flexible and commision
~chickydee~
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i cant seem to find any online typing jobs haha! anyone know any links?
Chris1800
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, i'm a fast typer. Would like a typing job?

Could some people in the know add some links or PM me?! You will be repped.

Thanks
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Drop shipping business if you Google it you'll find lots of information about it. Its becoming really popular on places such as ebay and other auction sites.
Chris1800
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have found Take Note Typing.

But for these typing jobs, what do you actually do. I tought it was all online.

As I seen this:

'To join the Take Note team, please send your CV in where on approval from Meri our HR manager, we will get you in for interview and then on to training. Our standards have to be high to ensure that we deliver the quality assurance that our clients expect. We will only be interested in those who can express that they can make this two way relationship work to a very high degree.'

Do you have to go into them for a interview? I believe you go to places and listen to them and type what they say!

Thanks
pinksparkles2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Chris1800)
I have found Take Note Typing.

But for these typing jobs, what do you actually do. I tought it was all online.

As I seen this:

'To join the Take Note team, please send your CV in where on approval from Meri our HR manager, we will get you in for interview and then on to training. Our standards have to be high to ensure that we deliver the quality assurance that our clients expect. We will only be interested in those who can express that they can make this two way relationship work to a very high degree.'

Do you have to go into them for a interview? I believe you go to places and listen to them and type what they say!

Thanks
No, you just email them your CV. No interview required! And then theyll probably accept you. Then they send you a test to do to see how accurate you are and how long it takes you.
You dont have to go anywhere, they just send you audio files and you type them up. But it is harder than you think, you cant just listen and type as you go along. If you really can type at 80wmp it will probably take you 4 times the length of the file. So an hour long interview can take 4 hours to type up.
BUT Ive just found a catch.. they send you a link to download the software your supposed to use, and they say its free. 2 weeks later I get pop ups every time I turn my computer on saying Ive reached the end of the trail period and need to start paying. And when I open the internet the homepage is now set to the software page for some reason? And its like £25 a month or something rediculous.
xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
12.5%
They might tell the bully (2)
12.5%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
18.75%
It might lead to more bullying (5)
31.25%
There's nothing they could do (4)
25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise