Is a premium subscription to TheCorporateLawAcademy worth it?

Watch
supersonic999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was looking at joining the £30 subscription and was wondering if anyone had any views on it. Was it helpful or was redundant and a waste of money?
Perseverance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
100% worth it
(but I'm 100% biased...)
supersonic999
Rep:
?
For the £30 package I'm looking at it offers 1 free application review a month (with additional reviews at a cost), access to interview tips/practice, successful applications and cover letters, law firm insights and perhaps the most tempting part of it is the commercial awareness course.
supersonic999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Perseverance)
100% worth it
(but I'm 100% biased...)
Why would you say so
username2950448
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by supersonic999)
For the £30 package I'm looking at it offers 1 free application review a month (with additional reviews at a cost), access to interview tips/practice, successful applications and cover letters, law firm insights and perhaps the most tempting part of it is the commercial awareness course.
I don't think it's worth it.

You can access all of those things you mentioned for free online if you know where to look. Only the application review is at all useful. For that I would instead recommend speaking to the careers service at your uni and to friends in your year/years above (ask them if they can review it).

But I would understand and not necessarily contest the value of a one-off application review service.
supersonic999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Palmyra)
I don't think it's worth it.

You can access all of those things you mentioned for free online if you know where to look. Only the application review is at all useful. For that I would instead recommend speaking to the careers service at your uni and to friends in your year/years above (ask them if they can review it).

But I would understand and not necessarily contest the value of a one-off application review service.
Do you know where I could find the resources I mentioned for free? Thank you so much for your comments though!
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you know where I could find the resources I mentioned for free? Thank you so much for your comments though!
step 1: go to google
step 2: type "interview tips"

:rolleyes:

If you want to be a lawyer you're going to need far better intuition and research skills than this.
supersonic999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Palmyra)
step 1: go to google
step 2: type "interview tips"

:rolleyes:

If you want to be a lawyer you're going to need far better intuition and research skills than this.
Oh thanks but I was referring to access to successful applications/cover letters and in depth law insights. Having scoured the internet, I was looking for a master database of information as you had indicated was present. Thank you though for your help
username2950448
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh thanks but I was referring to access to successful applications/cover letters and in depth law insights. Having scoured the internet, I was looking for a master database of information as you had indicated was present. Thank you though for your help
I have previously found several such cover letters online; from my uni's career service, and from my friends at uni (both in my year and the years above). Easily 10+ high quality successful cover letters. No need at all to pay for such a thing.
Realisticism
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I question the wisdom of relying on commercial awareness guides primarily written by fresh graduates with limited working experience. Interesting business model – charging £30 to aspiring lawyers, and then having the same aspiring lawyers generate content for the website to improve their CV.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads