Relationship worries making me sick Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My boyfriend and I have had our ups and downs for a while as I have a lack of sex drive and am never really in the mood. This has resulted in him avoiding me on weekends and only seeing him once a week on Friday nights. He has even said it hurts too much to see me and now when he sees me he feels angry and says he can't wait to get off the phone. This really upset me, I know he is angry as I'm not in the mood but to say that is awful. Whenever we do our evening phone call its 5 minutes and he seems moody, in a rush and quickly ends the call whereas the start of our relationships it was 40 minute calls a night!

His parents don't like me just cos I was quiet the once - they have never really tried to make the effort as much as I have. They tried to brainwash him last year which he launched a verbal attack on me but I realised if I finish it they will have got their way, they keep inviting him away with them on the weekend so I don't know if they want rid of me too. I just don't know what to do and whenever I get in the mood to make the effort again his moods just bring me down. I said I saw some relatives earlier and had a few cakes so wasn't hungry and he goes 'you will have to burn that off then' which makes me feel I am undesirable. I have not been happy for a while and am sad cos at the beginning everything was great and he was the one - just don't know what to do.
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think if all he wants from you is sex, you're better off without him. He obviously sees relationship = sex. Obviously what he's doing is really upsetting you; you need to talk to him about what you're feeling and try and come to a solution.
Aranyani
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you're not by any chance the other half of the guy in the "anyone else sexually frustrated?" thread are you?

More to the point, at the end of the day, he should want to be with you for you not for the sex. he should be willing to wait 20 years if he had to! Try explaining to him that its not all about sex, and try talking to him! Because if you get the tension out of the way, he might be more bearable to talk to, you'll be more relaxed and possibly find your sex drive again.

If he thinks it is all about sex, dump him. he's not worth it.

& ignore his parents, its you & him in the relationship, not you, him and his parents.

Good luck!
Salmon
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Is his unsympathetic behaviour towards you causing the lack of motivation? Maybe you should monitor the situation and if he continues to be a bully then you could be better off without him. As for the parents, some people like to interfere but don't let them get to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads