Grades Watch

LauraBls
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi I completed my btec Nat dip in June and left with intention of getting a job but have now decided to apply through clearing for a place at uni. I've been offered a conditional place but other unis won't look at me because I haven't been officially given my grades yet. I've contacted my college and noone can help. Exams office sayits my tutors that can help me my tutors say its exams. Can anyone advise?
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi LauraBls, unfortunately you can't apply through Clearing until you have your official results. But you can do a handful of things to ready yourself for Clearing once you have your results in hand! If you haven't already applied, you need to register with UCAS and obtain a Clearing number.

You can also spend some time searching for what university you may be interested in attending and which universities have Clearing vacancies within your field of interest. You can do this via UCAS, and most universities will have Clearing webpages (like ours here).

Once you know the universities and courses you're interested in, you just have to wait for those results. If you'd like more information, you will most likely be able to sign up for email updates for Clearing. But other than that, wait until Results Day and keep your choices Clearing phone numbers at hand! If you have any questions about the Clearing process our step-by-step guide can be found here.

We know it can be a stressful time, and Clearing can be a little confusing at first, but don't worry it will all come together Good luck with your results and let us know if you have any questions.

(Original post by LauraBls)
Hi I completed my btec Nat dip in June and left with intention of getting a job but have now decided to apply through clearing for a place at uni. I've been offered a conditional place but other unis won't look at me because I haven't been officially given my grades yet. I've contacted my college and noone can help. Exams office sayits my tutors that can help me my tutors say its exams. Can anyone advise?
LauraBls
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by University of Chester)
Hi LauraBls, unfortunately you can't apply through Clearing until you have your official results. But you can do a handful of things to ready yourself for Clearing once you have your results in hand! If you haven't already applied, you need to register with UCAS and obtain a Clearing number.

You can also spend some time searching for what university you may be interested in attending and which universities have Clearing vacancies within your field of interest. You can do this via UCAS, and most universities will have Clearing webpages (like ours here).

Once you know the universities and courses you're interested in, you just have to wait for those results. If you'd like more information, you will most likely be able to sign up for email updates for Clearing. But other than that, wait until Results Day and keep your choices Clearing phone numbers at hand! If you have any questions about the Clearing process our step-by-step guide can be found here.

We know it can be a stressful time, and Clearing can be a little confusing at first, but don't worry it will all come together Good luck with your results and let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you. I've had universities tell me that I should've had my official results already and to chase my college for them. So I have and am being passed between the exams office and my tutors. I'm just lost and don't know who to turn to for help.
University of Chester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by LauraBls)
Thank you. I've had universities tell me that I should've had my official results already and to chase my college for them. So I have and am being passed between the exams office and my tutors. I'm just lost and don't know who to turn to for help.
Hi LauraBls You won't necessarily have your results yet. Some BTEC courses will have received results, while others will receive results later on e.g. the same day as A-Level Results Day (15th August). We would suggest waiting until Thursday, and if you haven't heard anything, then try chasing your college again. If you're worried though, try giving them a call and asking them to clarify when your official results will be shared with you (or the latest your results will be shared with you).

In the mean time, it's worth just looking around as we mentioned above. We understand the feel of urgency, but just prepare the best you can for Clearing. Last year, over 65,000 people were accepted into university through Clearing, so you’re not alone. We hope this helps, just let us know if you have any questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.77%
Excited (150)
8.99%
Worried (302)
18.11%
Terrified (374)
22.42%
Meh (153)
9.17%
Confused (36)
2.16%