The Student Room Group

Oxford Archaeology course/mature students

Hi there guys,

I have a few universities on my list for my UCAS application to start Sept 2020.

I am going to post these same questions on all the uni forms so I can get a good view on my choices.

I am going to study archaeology and I would love to know how current/previous students have experienced this course at this university and if you would like to share some information, course related or personal views.

I would also like to know if this university is good for mature students? I will be 34 when I start next year.

Thank you :smile:
Regards,
Nathalie
Original post by NathalieW86
Hi there guys,

I have a few universities on my list for my UCAS application to start Sept 2020.

I am going to post these same questions on all the uni forms so I can get a good view on my choices.

I am going to study archaeology and I would love to know how current/previous students have experienced this course at this university and if you would like to share some information, course related or personal views.

I would also like to know if this university is good for mature students? I will be 34 when I start next year.

Thank you :smile:
Regards,
Nathalie

You'll be aware that Oxford doesn't offer straight archaeology at U/G level, but rather archaeology and anthropology (or classical arch and ancient history). That's all I know about the course though.
One definite plus point is that it's offered at Harris Manchester college, which is exclusively for mature students (21+), adn so a more congenial place to study. http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/colleges/college-listing/harris-manchester-college
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by OxFossil
You'll be aware that Oxford doesn't offer straight archaeology at U/G level, but rather archaeology and anthropology (or classical arch and ancient history). That's all I know about the course though.
One definite plus point is that it's offered at Harris Manchester college, which is exclusively for mature students (21+), adn so a more congenial place to study. http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/colleges/college-listing/harris-manchester-college

Yes, I am aware that Oxford has a joint honors. But since I have put the same question in my other 3 choices, I have to admit I used copy/paste lol. I will go for archaeology and anthropology

And Harris Manchester is indeed the college I would choose for my Oxford choice. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending