The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nicoliekins
Hi,I applied last year for this year's entry and it was a late submission so I didn't get an offer and because my personal statement wasn't suitable. I have managed to do more volunteering this year which I didn't get to do last year and I have really worked on writing a good personal statement and have been doing voluntary work. I've read on my application I may have to do an interview which I am fine with but it also says about doing a test which they didn't say last year. I have looked on their website which says nothing about doing an admissions test and I'm sort of freaking out. I will be a mature student, I have a degree already and I will be 27 next year so I just don't know what to expect with the test. I really want to get in for next year or 2023 which I have also applied for. Can someone reassure me! x

Don't panic ok. As you'll be fine.
If there's any test required then it will be english & basic maths .
Don't worry on age as I was 26 when I started my midwifing degree and I been qualified for 2 years. I had 4 people in my class who was between 45 - 49 when started out as a student and would be in there fifties on qualifying. Age isn't the problem as long as you are competent enough for the job is main thing ok.
Hi,

Thanks so much for replying!

Sorry I haven't checked this in a long time.

I sent my application off last week, I have a degree already. Do you know how long it takes for UWS to come back with an offer if you are already a graduate with the grades for entry?

UCAS is saying uni's have up to 19th May 2022 to respond :/, I was contacted by UWS this week to send proof of my degree certificate, transcript and SQA maths grade. Do you know if they are they faster to offer places to those who would be unconditional offers? Would make offers before Jan 2022 or after as I know Jan is the submission deadline for applications.

Original post by Tracey_W
Don't panic ok. As you'll be fine.
If there's any test required then it will be english & basic maths .
Don't worry on age as I was 26 when I started my midwifing degree and I been qualified for 2 years. I had 4 people in my class who was between 45 - 49 when started out as a student and would be in there fifties on qualifying. Age isn't the problem as long as you are competent enough for the job is main thing ok.
Original post by Nicoliekins
Hi,

Thanks so much for replying!

Sorry I haven't checked this in a long time.

I sent my application off last week, I have a degree already. Do you know how long it takes for UWS to come back with an offer if you are already a graduate with the grades for entry?

UCAS is saying uni's have up to 19th May 2022 to respond :/, I was contacted by UWS this week to send proof of my degree certificate, transcript and SQA maths grade. Do you know if they are they faster to offer places to those who would be unconditional offers? Would make offers before Jan 2022 or after as I know Jan is the submission deadline for applications.

They don't normally make any difference to people with a graduate degree or entry requirements as they have untill May 2022 as you said to get back to you.
They looked like they asked you for evidence etc to be sent to them so that they can probably check this out.
They won't probably offer any offer prior to deadline date as you'll have to wait untill after this and then hopefully get a interview if your P/S etc is good enough.

I did mines at Napier.

Latest

Trending

Trending