The Student Room Group

A Level Results Day

How is everyone feeling? I genuinely don’t know how I feel, my grades could either go good or bad I have no clue. I think i’m more nervous to disappoint my dad.
How are you feeling for it?

Scroll to see replies

What subject's have you done? I am only in year 12 obviously going into year 13 next month. I do Maths, Economics and Computer Science. Everything so far is ok except Maths is already crazy. Good Luck for Thursday, I am sure you will do amazing and end of the day be successful.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by 421salpho
How is everyone feeling? I genuinely don’t know how I feel, my grades could either go good or bad I have no clue. I think i’m more nervous to disappoint my dad.
How are you feeling for it?

Hey,
Yeah I'm also waiting for my results to come on Thursday and I am bricking it. I feel so anxious about it and I have barely slept for the last week, I feel like I'm making it worse because all I do in my spare time at the moment is just research Clearing options and watch YouTube videos on what to do if I don't make my grades. I really hope I do but I honestly am not too hopeful, I read an article about how 2/5 students doing essay based subjects might get the wrong grade due to inconsistent marking and it's made me so anxious because two of three of my subjects are essay based so that's not a good start haha.
I'm trying to stay positive and watch videos on how Clearing has worked out well for so many people, that's the only thing getting me through. I feel like this week is going so slowly I just want it to be results day already so I can know and stop guessing and worrying about it.
How are you feeling?
Reply 3
Original post by LeenaB647
Hey,
Yeah I'm also waiting for my results to come on Thursday and I am bricking it. I feel so anxious about it and I have barely slept for the last week, I feel like I'm making it worse because all I do in my spare time at the moment is just research Clearing options and watch YouTube videos on what to do if I don't make my grades. I really hope I do but I honestly am not too hopeful, I read an article about how 2/5 students doing essay based subjects might get the wrong grade due to inconsistent marking and it's made me so anxious because two of three of my subjects are essay based so that's not a good start haha.
I'm trying to stay positive and watch videos on how Clearing has worked out well for so many people, that's the only thing getting me through. I feel like this week is going so slowly I just want it to be results day already so I can know and stop guessing and worrying about it.
How are you feeling?

This so accurately describes how I’m feeling. I know I’m torturing myself looking at stats and things like that but I can’t help it. And my lack of sleep is now ridiculous. Even if it is bad news, I just need to know at this point and be put out of my misery.
Reply 4
Original post by KreeFederation
What subject's have you done? I am only in year 12 obviously going into year 13 next month. I do Maths, Economics and Computer Science. Everything so far is ok except Maths is already crazy. Good Luck for Thursday, I am sure you will do amazing and end of the day be successful.

Thank you! I did biology, geography and English. My advice for maths would be for the rest of the summer try and understand the subject more and don’t be afraid to ask your teachers for help as it’s what they’re there for. Mine were sick of me by the end of the year because I would ask them questions to help me understand English, but I think I’ve done well so it was worth it! And thanks so much, and good luck for your exams next year!
Can't even imagine if my grades don't go well——unlike GCSEs now I've got a Cambridge offer at risk...Really really scared but also relieved that this long wait of 60 days is gonna be overPS it's been 7 months since getting the offer from Cambridge. It's not a good feeling being unsure whether this dream will be slashed soon
Thank you! I did biology, geography and English. My advice for maths would be for the rest of the summer try and understand the subject more and don’t be afraid to ask your teachers for help as it’s what they’re there for. Mine were sick of me by the end of the year because I would ask them questions to help me understand English, but I think I’ve done well so it was worth it! And thanks so much, and good luck for your exams next year!

Thank you! What grades do you need? What do you think you will get? What are your firm and insurance, and for what course? If you comfortable with sharing those details.
Needless to say I’m sh*tting myself
Reply 8
Original post by LeenaB647
Hey,
How are you feeling?

Ahhh I’m in the same boat as you with the whole how I’m feeling and with the essay subjects. I keep explaining to my family and friends I can’t help but constantly think about it and they think that by saying “stop worrying you’ll be fine” that I’ll immediately stop worrying!! I’m so stressed over it, I can’t even watch a film on netflix I’m that stressed. We’ve never properly been told what clearing is, would you mind quickly going through it? I’ve got a small idea of what it is but not completely.
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll do fine. Let me know how you’ve done on Thursday if you remember, good luck!!
Reply 9
Original post by Keyikattie
Can't even imagine if my grades don't go well——unlike GCSEs now I've got a Cambridge offer at risk...Really really scared but also relieved that this long wait of 60 days is gonna be overPS it's been 7 months since getting the offer from Cambridge. It's not a good feeling being unsure whether this dream will be slashed soon

I feel you, I accepted my offer from Liverpool back in October and I’m praying I get my grades. I’m sure you’ll do fine, if you’re smart enough to get an offer from Cambridge i’m sure you’ll get in!
Original post by MayaB8
This so accurately describes how I’m feeling. I know I’m torturing myself looking at stats and things like that but I can’t help it. And my lack of sleep is now ridiculous. Even if it is bad news, I just need to know at this point and be put out of my misery.

Honestly same, just tell me already it's ridiculous how helpless I'm sure we all feel right now. I hope you do well on Thursday and get what you need !
I feel dead...
I'm about to cry again
Ahhh I’m in the same boat as you with the whole how I’m feeling and with the essay subjects. I keep explaining to my family and friends I can’t help but constantly think about it and they think that by saying “stop worrying you’ll be fine” that I’ll immediately stop worrying!! I’m so stressed over it, I can’t even watch a film on netflix I’m that stressed. We’ve never properly been told what clearing is, would you mind quickly going through it? I’ve got a small idea of what it is but not completely.
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll do fine. Let me know how you’ve done on Thursday if you remember, good luck!!

I just saw that you've put Liverpool as your firm! So have I! What are you hoping to study?
Clearing is basically a tool by which universities who haven't filled up all of their spaces on their courses have an opportunity to fill them up with students who may not have applied there before or who have missed their grades. You can go into Clearing if you missed your grades for your firm and insurance choice or if you get an offer that you don't want to accept. So if you didn't get a place at your firm but you did get a place at your insurance and you didn't really want to go to your insurance then you can reject your insurance offer and go into Clearing (you're given a Clearing number that is on your Track page). And in Clearing you basically can call up universities (including your firm) and give them your details and grades and they'll consider your application even if you do have lower grades because they want to fill up their spaces.
You can see what universities and courses are in Clearing on the UCAS website, this is the link to the UCAS website explanation:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing
Let me know too how you do too! Maybe I'll see you in Liverpool in September:smile:
Leena
Reply 14

I know for maths was not my strongest in year 12 but in year 13 I'm literally gonna be a teacher's pet and always ask the teacher what times you are available to go through topics I don't understand.
(edited 4 years ago)
I get my reuslts tomorrow! absolutely dreading it
Original post by iqqraxo
I get my reuslts tomorrow! absolutely dreading it

How?? I swear everyone gets their A-Level results Thursday?
Reply 17

I think the CIE board releases them tomorrow :smile:
Original post by solark
I think the CIE board releases them tomorrow :smile:

Oh alright? What subjects do you do? Is it for all your subjects? That's nice of them to release it tmz. U live in England right? Or other state?

I did CIE

Quick Reply