24hrs 4 assignments Watch

Ascension.INC
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi,

I just wanted some friendly advice on if it was possible to complete four assignments in a day (I actually have 3.5 days) but I wanted to get it done in a day to take the stress off. Long story short I am in this position because I had issues with bereavement as my mother passed away few months ago and its been difficult to complete my remaining assignments for semester 2.

My course is Bsc environmental management. and I am in first year.

As I am writing this I am working on my assignments. So what do you guys think?
Last edited by Ascension.INC; 5 days ago
LaughterIsMyDrug
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey, first off, sorry for your loss, I hope your mother is at peace :suith:

What kind of assignments do you need to complete? Essays? Journal reviews? Coursework?

It'll definitely be a challenge to complete all 4 within a day, but it might help to finish the longest/hardest ones first, which would make you more relaxed knowing the difficult one(s) are out of the way.

You could also try focusing more time on assignments you know you may get a higher grade on - this is what helped me get through my first year as a Geography student.

Ultimately, as you do have just over 3 days to do them, you could spend these days reviewing your work ie proofreading, writing bibliographies etc

Hope this helps!
Ascension.INC
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by LaughterIsMyDrug)
Hey, first off, sorry for your loss, I hope your mother is at peace :suith:

What kind of assignments do you need to complete? Essays? Journal reviews? Coursework?

It'll definitely be a challenge to complete all 4 within a day, but it might help to finish the longest/hardest ones first, which would make you more relaxed knowing the difficult one(s) are out of the way.

You could also try focusing more time on assignments you know you may get a higher grade on - this is what helped me get through my first year as a Geography student.

Ultimately, as you do have just over 3 days to do them, you could spend these days reviewing your work ie proofreading, writing bibliographies etc

Hope this helps!
The assignments I have is an essay 2000 wrd is almost complete as this is the easiest to complete. A field report 2000 wrd which I have about a third done, information sheet 1500 wrd which is half done and data analysis essay 1000 wrd which is half done.

Yh my thinking was the same too get the easier ones done first and then crackdown on the tougher ones. I just needed a little boost of reassurance thanks for that! 👍
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ascension.INC)
Hi,

I just wanted some friendly advice on if it was possible to complete four assignments in a day (I actually have 3.5 days) but I wanted to get it done in a day to take the stress off. Long story short I am in this position because I had issues with bereavement as my mother passed away few months ago and its been difficult to complete my remaining assignments for semester 2.

I'm guessing it's too late to apply for an extension or claim mitigating circumstances due to your bereavement? You might want to contact someone about that before rushing through the assignments in one day.

If you can't get an extension etc., then to me it makes sense to dedicate 1 day to each assignment (and maybe do the shortest or most straightforward assignment on the 0.5 day). It seems counter-intuitive to rush them when you have days free in which to complete them.
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Ascension.INC)
Hi,

I would talk to your department about your situation - it may be possible that you may be able to get an extension as PhoenixFortune says or your lecturers may take this into account when marking. Hopefully, you are getting the time to grieve and the help to support you in your current situation. With regards to your situation, I would recommend spreading your assignments out in the time you have left. I don't know how far you have progressed (i.e. have you done the research, essay plan or first draft) but to complete all 4 in one day risks the quality of your assignments and might just be too much for you to do all at once (you need breaks!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads