Universities already have your exam results, how do you feel? Ask your questions here Watch

Poll: What worries you the most about A-level results?
Missing my uni offer (598)
49.71%
Finding a place through Clearing (43)
3.57%
My hard work not paying off (338)
28.1%
Disappointing my parents (180)
14.96%
My friends doing better than me (44)
3.66%
angelinahx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm so so so so so worried about getting some f*ucked up results and then staring at a blank paper of like BCD. Realistically I'm probably looking at ABC/ABB but I'm f r e a k i n g out. I'm kind of happy I'm on a gap year anyway and will be applying to UCAS through the 2020 cycle once I have my grades (so no uni has my results) but I need an ABB for Manchester & Nottingham and a BBB for Bristol regardless and I'm really panicking because I literally have 2 essay based subjects and they could be wrong. Idk, I'm so worried
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy)
Psychology at Coventry
Psychology is a very maths heavy course. I think they would be worried that you would struggle or fail the course if they let you in without a good maths gcse grade.

Are there any similar social science courses at coventry that you like that don’t have so much statistics?
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Psychology is a very maths heavy course. I think they would be worried that you would struggle or fail the course if they let you in without a good maths gcse grade.

Are there any similar social science courses at coventry that you like that don’t have so much statistics?
No, I wanna do psychology so I’m gonna do it. Just gotta be positive about my results
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
FoxNuke
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
How do I know if they have received my results? I haven't gotten an email and UCAS doesn't look like it's updated.

I'm very pleased with my results however.
Beckyyyyyyyyyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by FoxNuke)
How do I know if they have received my results? I haven't gotten an email and UCAS doesn't look like it's updated.

It’s only 6 in the morning so maybe give it an hour or two
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
She-Ra
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Are you receiving BTEC? Track won’t update until tomorrow when A-levels are out so you’ll have to sit tight.

Congratulations :heart:
(Original post by FoxNuke)

(Original post by Beckyyyyyyyyyyy)
It’s only 6 in the morning so maybe give it an hour or two
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by GavandeepR)
Quick question is finance in clearing? Like Is there spaces available as that’s what I applied for
Hi,

We are confirming final numbers now, but with the exception of medicine it's likely all of our courses will have spaces in clearing. Things could possibly change, depending on how accurate our predictions are for insurance places, cascade offers etc.

Good luck for tomorrow!
Josh
I.dont_know
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
do unis know the raw mark you got along with the grade?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by I.dont_know)
do unis know the raw mark you got along with the grade?
No universities just get overall grades (and module grades for any modular A levels like in wales)
Aleks<3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I'm freaking out so much. I have a really bad feeling I did terribly in all my exams.
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Aleks<3)
I'm freaking out so much. I have a really bad feeling I did terribly in all my exams.
Awh. Sending you a much need :hugs:. I'm also collecting my own results tomorrow and I'm feeling quite a bit anxious and nervous but either way, I think I'll be fine. What's your firm and insurance choices if you don't mind me asking?
Aleks<3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Awh. Sending you a much need :hugs:. I'm also collecting my own results tomorrow and I'm feeling quite a bit anxious and nervous but either way, I think I'll be fine. What's your firm and insurance choices if you don't mind me asking?
My firm is Warwick, my insurance is Birmingham. But since I didn't send something to them I don't know if I'll be accepted even if I do meet their entry requirements. Wbu? (:
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
My firm is Warwick, my insurance is Birmingham. But since I didn't send something to them I don't know if I'll be accepted even if I do meet their entry requirements. Wbu? (:
What do you mean by sending something to them? I'm lost. For me personally, my firm is Leeds for Sociology and International Relations and my insurance is Essex for History and Politics (I couldn't be arsed to change the course since I don't want to go there any longer). TL;DR I'm very uncertain about my firm choice and whether it's the right place for me and have done some preparation and research for Clearing. Whatever happens, I should be okay.

With regards to Warwick, I recommend calling them up if you've just missed the grade by one or two grades. Good luck for tomorrow.
Aleks<3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
What do you mean by sending something to them? I'm lost. For me personally, my firm is Leeds for Sociology and International Relations and my insurance is Essex for History and Politics (I couldn't be arsed to change the course since I don't want to go there any longer). TL;DR I'm very uncertain about my firm choice and whether it's the right place for me and have done some preparation and research for Clearing. Whatever happens, I should be okay.

With regards to Warwick, I recommend calling them up if you've just missed the grade by one or two grades. Good luck for tomorrow.
I've already done 1 A level, so I had to send them my certificate. Good luck with that, I'm sure everything will be fine (:
I will do that! Thank you ^^
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I've already done 1 A level, so I had to send them my certificate. Good luck with that, I'm sure everything will be fine (:
I will do that! Thank you ^^
email a copy tonight
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:
Please could you edit the poll to add in:
o Not getting my free Nandos

Thank you kindly
I.dont_know
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
No universities just get overall grades (and module grades for any modular A levels like in wales)
ah okay thanks! but then for someone who hypothetically misses their offer by a few marks -how can the uni decide whether to take them if they don't know the raw mark? would they go on to find it out?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by I.dont_know)
ah okay thanks! but then for someone who hypothetically misses their offer by a few marks -how can the uni decide whether to take them if they don't know the raw mark? would they go on to find it out?
Universities don't generally take that information into account (even when exams were modular). They'll either take everyone with a missed grade, no one or a handful based on other information (like interview notes, portfolio notes, test scores from another exam or PS/reference information).

If you're close to a grade boundary and getting a priority remark then you MUST let your universities know.
I.dont_know
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by PQ)
Universities don't generally take that information into account (even when exams were modular). They'll either take everyone with a missed grade, no one or a handful based on other information (like interview notes, portfolio notes, test scores from another exam or PS/reference information).

If you're close to a grade boundary and getting a priority remark then you MUST let your universities know.
this is v helpful - thank you so much!!!!!
Jake SIngh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
Unis have received your results and they're processing them now ahead of results day so everything is ready for when track goes live on Thursday.

How are you feeling about everything?

If you have any questions we are here to help

There's a team of amazing UCAS trained advisors online to help you this week, and we'll be online all day on Wednesday and Thursday to give advice.

So if you have any questions ask them here and we can help!

No matter what happens you got this!!! :bl:
Hi,

I was wondering when I get my results at 6:00am if they aren’t the entry requirements for my firm choice (Durham) can I call them as soon as or will I need to wait until 8:00am ?

Thanks,

Jake
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.28%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.52%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.84%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.36%

Watched Threads