Dissertation methodology query? Watch

harrypotter&tea
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So im currently trying to figure out what to do for my dissertation and how you actually write one. My proposal is due in late September so I haven't seen any supervisor or anything like that yet but I'm really confused about what one would put in a methodology section for a degree like mine (I do American studies which is essentially a history and literature degree). Im confused at what methodology you could possibly need for doing a literature based dissertation?

(Edit this isn't meant in the postgrad applications section but I can't figure out how to move it lol)
Last edited by harrypotter&tea; 1 week ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harrypotter&tea)
So im currently trying to figure out what to do for my dissertation and how you actually write one. My proposal is due in late September so I haven't seen any supervisor or anything like that yet but I'm really confused about what one would put in a methodology section for a degree like mine (I do American studies which is essentially a history and literature degree). Im confused at what methodology you could possibly need for doing a literature based dissertation?

(Edit this isn't meant in the postgrad applications section but I can't figure out how to move it lol)
Which forum were you meaning to post in? I can move it to the right one for you.

Well, to work out your methodology, you need to tell us what you want your dissertation to find out or explore. If it's literature based, then presumably you are doing some kind of literature search/review?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.49%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.85%
Terrified (381)
22.23%
Meh (169)
9.86%
Confused (37)
2.16%