UCLAN applications for international students Watch

Reghefaoui
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
No one from my family applied to a UK university and I do not know when should i apply and when should i send everything? I'm getting my AS results tomorrow inshallah. I wanna apply to UCLAN, does anyone have tips on how do I (as an international student) apply with ease?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Reghefaoui)
No one from my family applied to a UK university and I do not know when should i apply and when should i send everything? I'm getting my AS results tomorrow inshallah. I wanna apply to UCLAN, does anyone have tips on how do I (as an international student) apply with ease?
If you're getting AS results this year, then I'm guessing you are looking to apply for 2020 entry?

You'll need to apply via UCAS:
https://www.ucas.com/

Applications open in mid-September, and you should aim to get your application done by the January deadline.

The online form is relatively easy to fill out, and asks for your personal details and details of your qualifications. You then have to write a personal statement online about why you want to study the course you want to study. You'll also need a teacher to write you a reference (in English).

There's lots of advice online about how to write a good PS and a good reference.

Unis are also usually happy to help clarify what qualifications you need etc via email. If you're not educated in English, you'll usually need to sit some kind of English language qualification such as IELTS.

I hope this helps a bit!
Reghefaoui
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
If you're getting AS results this year, then I'm guessing you are looking to apply for 2020 entry?

You'll need to apply via UCAS:
https://www.ucas.com/

Applications open in mid-September, and you should aim to get your application done by the January deadline.

The online form is relatively easy to fill out, and asks for your personal details and details of your qualifications. You then have to write a personal statement online about why you want to study the course you want to study. You'll also need a teacher to write you a reference (in English).

There's lots of advice online about how to write a good PS and a good reference.

Unis are also usually happy to help clarify what qualifications you need etc via email. If you're not educated in English, you'll usually need to sit some kind of English language qualification such as IELTS.

I hope this helps a bit!
I already registered for UCAS, and I put UCLAN as my university that I would like to apply to.
But thank you! this helped a lot! <3
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I already registered for UCAS, and I put UCLAN as my university that I would like to apply to.
But thank you! this helped a lot! <3
Are you aiming to go to uni this September? Or next year?
Reghefaoui
Rep:
?
Next year, Fall of 2020.

Are you aiming to go to uni this September? Or next year?
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Next year, Fall of 2020.
If you're looking at 2020 entry, then UCAS applications aren't open yet. You'll have applied for 2019 entry.

This isn't a problem as such, but you should probably contact UCAS and cancel your application. And then unfortunately, you'll have to redo it this autumn.
Reghefaoui
Rep:
?
If you're looking at 2020 entry, then UCAS applications aren't open yet. You'll have applied for 2019 entry.

This isn't a problem as such, but you should probably contact UCAS and cancel your application. And then unfortunately, you'll have to redo it this autumn.
No when i first applied to UCAS, I clicked onto the 2020 fall registrations so I don't think it's an issue?
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No when i first applied to UCAS, I clicked onto the 2020 fall registrations so I don't think it's an issue?
Ah, I see.

UCAS are letting people start their applications early this year, but I think there will be a few more steps you'll need to complete after applications open properly in September.

Sounds like you've got it all under control, good luck with your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%