Claire’s nose piercing? Watch

Teagyyx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
14 year old went to get her nose pierced in Claire’s today, they said she’s not allowed as she has to be 16 ! However everywhere else says 13 with parent present
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Teagyyx)
14 year old went to get her nose pierced in Claire’s today, they said she’s not allowed as she has to be 16 ! However everywhere else says 13 with parent present
It’s usually 16 I thought?

Claire’s is a big company, they can’t make mistakes like doing underage piercings.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
421salpho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Claires pierce ears and noses with a piercing GUN rather than needle so honestly its best that this girl was refused because of her age. Its extremely dangerous and unhygienic to pierce using guns which is why you should always go to a qualified piercing studio to get piercings.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 421salpho)
Claires pierce ears and noses with a piercing GUN rather than needle so honestly its best that this girl was refused because of her age. Its extremely dangerous and unhygienic to pierce using guns which is why you should always go to a qualified piercing studio to get piercings.
Why would a needle be more hygienic?
elliem.rose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do research first into using a gun! I looked into it and it’s unhygienic and it can cause damage to the cartilage! Go to a proper piercer.
421salpho
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Guns can't be sterilised as they come straight from the manufacturer, opened with the earring already inside then forced through the ear. Needles can be sterilised (and always will be if you go to a qualified piercer) and they remove the actual tissue making it easier to heal rather than forcing something through.
Remember, Claires workers are usually people who are trained in customer service- NOT a qualified and professional piercer.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Guns can't be sterilised as they come straight from the manufacturer, opened with the earring already inside then forced through the ear. Needles can be sterilised (and always will be if you go to a qualified piercer) and they remove the actual tissue making it easier to heal rather than forcing something through.
Remember, Claires workers are usually people who are trained in customer service- NOT a qualified and professional piercer.
Guns use disposable cartridges that are sterile, and Claire's employees do get training before they are allowed to do piercings! And doing piercings is hardly rocket science...
Last edited by black tea; 1 week ago
421salpho
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by black tea)
Guns use disposable cartridges that are sterile, and Claire's employees do get training before they are allowed to do piercings! And doing piercings is hardly rocket science...
They’re not stored in a sterile environment and can’t be sterilised before use. Claire’s employees are most likely middle aged customer service workers who get what, a few hours of “training” and then shove a blunt piercing into someone’s nose/ear. Piercings have a lot more to them than just putting it wherever and pushing something through tissue they require knowing the nerves and muscles in your body, what jewelleries work best for the customer, teaching the customer breathing skills etc. Dunno about you but i’d rather get my piercings from a qualified piercer who knows what they’re doing and uses sterile equipment than go to claire’s where they use unhygienic and dangerous methods
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
They’re not stored in a sterile environment and can’t be sterilised before use. Claire’s employees are most likely middle aged customer service workers who get what, a few hours of “training” and then shove a blunt piercing into someone’s nose/ear. Piercings have a lot more to them than just putting it wherever and pushing something through tissue they require knowing the nerves and muscles in your body, what jewelleries work best for the customer, teaching the customer breathing skills etc. Dunno about you but i’d rather get my piercings from a qualified piercer who knows what they’re doing and uses sterile equipment than go to claire’s where they use unhygienic and dangerous methods
The bits that touch the customer are sterile and the method is perfectly safe (else it would not be used in the UK). I very much doubt that many piercers have a degree in anatomy :rolleyes:
421salpho
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The bits that touch the customer are sterile and the method is perfectly safe (else it would not be used in the UK). I very much doubt that many piercers have a degree in anatomy :rolleyes:
There’s no way for them to be sterilised. The method isn’t safe as it can shatter cartilage and damage tissue as the stud is punctured through by blunt force. Drinking and smoking aren’t safe yet the UK allows that. I doubt it too however any qualified piercer will have the knowledge of the anatomy they pierce to ensure it’s a safe area and method they use.
elliem.rose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Look at what professional piercers say, I would rather take their advice than Claire’s. Plus people are trying to get them banned in the UK.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Teagyyx)
Moved to the Fashion and Beauty section
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise