The Student Room Group

Sexuality and relationship problems

I'm am in a committed relationship with someone and I love them very much. I have always been faithful. However I am bisexual and want to explore this but I also dont want to lose my relationship. They would never be open to the idea of me doing anything while still in the relationship. Anyone have any insight?
Reply 1
Is the relationship you're currently in same sex or not?
Reply 2
Original post by WhyKidz
Is the relationship you're currently in same sex or not?

it is same sex
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm am in a committed relationship with someone and I love them very much. I have always been faithful. However I am bisexual and want to explore this but I also dont want to lose my relationship. They would never be open to the idea of me doing anything while still in the relationship. Anyone have any insight?

Hey,

If I was in your position, I would talk to my partner about it. You never know what could happen.

Just be true to yourself. Don't suppress your feelings.

I don't know if this helps.
Reply 4
it is same sex

would that matter?
(edited 4 years ago)
why tf would you want to explore when you’re in a committed relationship? i really don’t understand what goes through people’s mind. educate me ... like it isn’t ikea for you to be exploring my dear
I'm also bisexual and I'm currently in a relationship with a dude. I've never been out with a girl and I understand the want to explore that side of yourself. Like with all things I think you've just got to weigh up would you rather explore your sexuality of keep the relationship. Do you think it's a pretty serious relationship and that it's going places? Would you be tempted to cheat on them to explore your sexuality as time went on?

I mean you could talk to them about it but I guess it depends on how understanding they'd be about it. By saying I WANT TO EXPLORE MY SEXUALITY WITH OTHER PEOPLE will probably scare them off a bit. So that's a tricky one
Reply 7
it is same sex

Original post by jay111a
would that matter?

The reason I was asking is that I believe it's easier asking a heterosexual to try something with another person of the opposite gender (to them) together, than it is to ask a homosexual person to try something heterosexual together. Not that either is easy and you need to be in the right kind of secure relationship to even be able to raise the point.

Quick Reply

Latest