(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
Imagine if they were! :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::e ek3:

I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't let you into university
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Had a little sit down with my child this morning and told them the story of my A-level results. Despite being predicted AAA, I bombed in the exams and came out with CCE. I missed my Firm, but had a matriculation (EE) offer from my Insurance. I had a fantastic 5 years there, and many years and numerous degrees later I look back on those A-level results with a wry smile.

Be results proud this Thursday, if your grades are better or worse than expected, or if your teachers totally nailed it with their predictions. Your A-levels are stepping stones towards whatever lies on the other side of the stream. Take full advantage of what you find there.
Last edited by 学生の父; 4 days ago
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Okay, as She-Ra told me to share the experiences I have got some years ago, I am here and give you advices:

1.) First of all: don't expect good results! there are so many things which influence your results: your mood, the papers you get, being nervous, the numbers of hours you have slept, etc. Be happy when you got your A levels and it is over.

2.) Don't be so afraid about your results! there are so many ways to get the study you want to, maybe not at the university you wished, but it does not matter anylonger when you get your job.

3.) The A levels result does not determine your life in the future, it is always your decision it does. The A levels are the key to the lock of your doors, but you decide which of them you open.

4.) Don't learn too much about the A levels, do yourself a favor and take a break whenever you think you need to. 5 or even 10 minutes now and then help you to come down. After the break begin to learn again.

5.) If you stuck with the papers, stop reading and being focused, it does not work to force yourself to find an answer. Raise your head, look around you, leave the room for a while if it is allowed, come back then and begin with the papers again. Sometimes the answer comes in your mind all of a sudden when you don't think about it.
LaughterIsMyDrug
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No matter the results, grades don't define you as a person, you do.

PS listening to your favourite music while you open results can make you more relaxed - at least it did for me in a levels and my first year university results 😌
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
She-Ra
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
Had a little sit down with my child this morning and told them the story of my A-level results. Despite being predicted AAA, I bombed in the exams and came out with CCE. I missed my Firm, but had a matriculation (EE) offer from my Insurance. I had a fantastic 5 years there, and many years and numerous degrees later I look back on those A-level results with a wry smile.

Be results proud this Thursday, if your grades are better or worse than expected, or if your teachers totally nailed it with their predictions. Your A-levels are stepping stones towards whatever lies on the other side of the stream. Take full advantage of what you find there.
Your child is so lucky to have you :heart:
Tulsie123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Getting A-Level results was really scary for me, and I was especially worried about my maths result - I had dropped one grade but thankfully my top choice university let me in! Luckily, my offer had already updated on track before I collected my results at about half 8, so by that point I wasn't too worried what my grades were.

I'd say the most important thing is not to compare yourself to others! Just because your friend / brother / cousin got 4 A*s and you didn't, it doesn't mean you shouldn't be proud and your results aren't worth celebrating!

Good luck, and remember there are so many options open to you whatever the result!!!
Last edited by Tulsie123; 4 days ago
Saman_B9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Hi everyone,

Hope people are feeling okay regarding results day :yep: I understand how hard it could be and the ups and downs associated.

Ditto She-Ra :yep:

I also missed my offer by one point and my university let me in as well (took a while for them to respond but was very lucky).

Everyone in the thread is giving good advice ^^

Everything will work out in the end hopefully. As cliche as this may sound, keep calm and carry on - and remember there is #nowrongpath. You never know where life may take you.

When calling clearing hotlines or asking about missed offer decisions, be calm and don't shout because there is a real person on the other side of the phone that may not have all the answers or they may not be making decisions. Be patient and respectful + have your UCAS number in hand for immediate reference (being prepared with PS may not hurt as well).

If you did well, :woo: amazing job ^^ - do not judge people on your definition of well because as long as they have met their goals than they should be happy in the moment. - life is not a race, certainly regarding exam results at this juncture in life it isn't.

Don't let the results define you (like I nearly did). Getting in is just a step, what you do after it is the key
Last edited by Saman_B9; 4 days ago
Hope1907
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Focus on everything you have achieved to get to were you are now and don't worry too much about missing some grades. I was really disappointed by my math grade and felt really down about it, looking back I wish I had focused on the subjects I did well in instead and proudly celebrated my achievements. I got into a great uni, studied a subject I love and not thought about maths since, so don't waste time feeling disappointed, focus on everything great you have accomplished so far and all the amazing opportunities ahead of you!
Manooka
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by She-Ra)

I remember feeling so nervous on A-level results day, I was waiting on AS retake results alongside my results and I had no idea what was in store.

I missed my uni offer by one grade, thankfully the uni let me in

In the end it was all ok.
Exam results help you open the door to your next chapter, think of them as a currency to invest in the next stage of you. Once you have banked what you need you move forward. Whatever happens I promise they don't define you as a human or demonstrate your full potential. You are limitless and if you work hard and have a positive attitude to life and work you're going to have a fulfilling life full of adventures. Life is an interesting journey, keep trusting that everything is working out for the greatest good and make choices that feel right for you.

:moon:

My advice to anyone receiving their results is:

Remember that whatever happens you have options & A-levels are really tough - but you got through it :hugs:

Try and get a good night sleep

Don't try refreshing Track until at least 7.30, last year it went live at about 7.40/7.45am

If you're worried about your uni offer, use this week to make a plan B just in case.

Remember though that Clearing vacancies won't update properly until late Wednesday / Thursday and will continue to update as students move through the system.

We're here for you :heart:

:dumbells:

Love reading all these posts!

Thinking back, I remember studying with my friends and trying to just have a good time despite the stress around my exams. After all, it went by soo quickly and I didn't get the grades I was hoping for however got accepted to the one University I truly wanted to go to!

The advise I could give from my experience is that it doesn't define your future and if you don't have everything figured out that is 100% OK its a journey, not a race...

Take it easy, no need to stress - let it go and let it flow :ahee:
wolfmoon88
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Saman_B9)
Your advice was really great. I even got your advice 2 years ago. My username was Reshyna
Thank you, glad that I am able to help, two years ago and now as well ^^ username rings a bell, hopefully everything is well!
K-Hale
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Name:  images.png
Views: 9
Size:  31.7 KB

Life is not a straight line. Don't think you have failed if things don't go: birth > great school > brilliant grades > top university > perfect relationship > power job > marriage > then repeat for your kids.

I like to think of life as a labyrinth. You climb to the top, and sometimes you fall back down, or sometimes you get a little lost on the way, but you are always learning, moving forward and getting closer to your centre.

Whatever happens on Results Day, trust your journey. It won't be the same as anyone else's. Good luck everyone.
Saman_B9
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by wolfmoon88)
Thank you, glad that I am able to help, two years ago and now as well ^^ username rings a bell, hopefully everything is well!
Everything is back to normal, or um... better than b4
wolfmoon88
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Saman_B9)
Everything is back to normal, or um... better than b4
That's good, happy for you 🙌 hope things continue to become better
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
123vet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
This is all super helpful, thanks everyone❤️

Just wondering whether there's any medics/vets/dentists out there with positive stories to share?
I'm applying for veterinary medicine and would love to hear from anyone who studied a similar course - what was your A Level results day like and how did you manage the journey into your career?
Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi there,

First of all, best of luck to anyone who is going to be receiving their A level results on Thursday! Whatever happens, if you tried your best then that's what really counts and you should be very proud of yourself!

Some advice I would give to students who are about to receive their results is just try to relax and to bear in mind that there are so many different routes to take for your next step, so don't worry too much if you find that your results mean that you may have to change your plans a little, just keep calm because there are so many opportunities out there for you to explore!

If you have applied to University and don't manage to meet your offer requirements, please don't panic! Lots of Universities, including Aberystwyth University offer places through clearing for a wide range of courses. You can call Universities from results day onwards to inquire about clearing places for the course of your choice. I would recommend however that perhaps before results day have a look around other Universities which you may choose to call in the case of applying through clearing, as places can get snapped up pretty fast! If you are interested in applying to Aberystwyth University through clearing, here is the link to more information on our website https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/clearing/

Best of luck!

Eliza
Last edited by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador; 2 days ago
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Aberystwyth University Student Ambassador)
First of all, best of luck to anyone who is going to be receiving their A level results next week!
Might want to check your timeframe there bud :giggle:
Mr T
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Best of luck to everyone who is set to receive their A Level results tomorrow. It seems an age away that I picked up mine and here I am now with a daughter about to receive her GCSE results next week!

The best advice I can give you all is exactly the same as I have given to her - hard work pays off. Even if on the day the results aren't what you hoped for, its not the end of the day - if you put the work in, and proved your work ethic you can achieve anything in life you set your mind to.
Don't stress - there is always a solution and always, always opportunity and choice (even when it doesn't feel like we have much choice).
Sometimes life throws up opportunities we weren't expecting - however the big difference between people are those that recognise opportunity and run with it.
To have made it this far is proof enough that you can work hard and achieve - life has a funny way of presenting you with options and opportunity when you are least expecting it. Recognise opportunity and be prepared to graft and you can go as far as you choose. Life it great, make the most of it!
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Exams and exam results aren't everything...If you've got offers for uni and things don't go as well as you hoped, it might feel like they are, and it is okay if you're upset, but there are so many different ways of doing things...Plan A isn't always the best one
AnnaWeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Best of luck to anyone who is going to be receiving their A level results today! First of all, you should be very proud of yourself! In case it doesn't turn out how you would wish it to be, don't forget that's not the end of the world! I know it seems like it right now but believe me, it isn't and decisions you're doing today are not set in stone. It's a long journey with several outcomes possible and you can change your path in the future. Plus bare in mind, sometimes we'll find that we're surprised about what we enjoy which we weren't expecting at all.
KJEKJE Says Hi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by She-Ra)
Fingers crossed for you ❤️ let us know how you get on and if you need anything... well, we pretty much sleep in the office over results so we’ll be ready to help and share advice.

Best of luck :bl:
Ohai! Just wanted to come back to let you know that I've gotten into my firm choice!

Super stoked, and now everything is clear to me now. ^^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (67)
17.31%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (244)
63.05%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.17%
Not yet but I might (56)
14.47%

Watched Threads