Failed Nat 5 but wanting to do higher Watch

Button212
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My friend failed her Nat 5 modern studies exam but picked to do higher this year (s5). She got an A in the prelim and has been sitting this high up consistently throughout the year. Will she be able to still do higher? Thanks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MajorKong
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry about your friend. It's the worst feeling when that happens. How bad did she fail by? If it's a D, she may be able to talk her way into the Higher. However, in most circumstances the school won't let her. They require a C to progress to Higher. Have you talked to her? Did she think the exam didn't go well, or is this out of the blue?
remussjhj01
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
She should talk to someone at the place she wants to do the higher at and show proof she is capable (the papers she got A's/B's in). If she has any kind of extenuating circumstances that affected revision or the actual exam, she should also mention that, as they then might be a bit more understanding as to why she failed the exam.
Button212
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by MajorKong)
I'm sorry about your friend. It's the worst feeling when that happens. How bad did she fail by? If it's a D, she may be able to talk her way into the Higher. However, in most circumstances the school won't let her. They require a C to progress to Higher. Have you talked to her? Did she think the exam didn't go well, or is this out of the blue?
yeah she thought the exam was weird and not like anything she’d done within the subject before - which I somewhat agree with. I’m unsure how much she failed by but she did get a D. The teacher is aware that she is capable of achieving high grades so I think she’ll try and talk her way in next week when we go back to school.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.35%
Excited (160)
9.19%
Worried (308)
17.69%
Terrified (385)
22.11%
Meh (180)
10.34%
Confused (37)
2.13%