What do I need for A-levels? Watch

ct2003
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I will be going into my first year of a-levels in September. I have to buy my stationery soon but have no idea what I actually need! I will be studying double award life and health science. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
A4 note pads , folders with dividers, calculator, pens, coloured pens, and an old fashioned diary. PostIt stickies.
And a whole lot of determination and focus!
ct2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by mgi)
A4 note pads , folders with dividers, calculator, pens, coloured pens, and an old fashioned diary. PostIt stickies.
And a whole lot of determination and focus!
Should I buy just one folder or is it worth buying one for each subject?
ashestostardust
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
hope
ashestostardust
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by ct2003)
Should I buy just one folder or is it worth buying one for each subject?
lever arch folder for every subject. It's surprising how quickly you'll fill em up.
ct2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashestostardust)
lever arch folder for every subject. It's surprising how quickly you'll fill em up.
Thanks for the advice!
421salpho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
personally I'd get a set of highlighters but dedicate one colour per topic, so for example I took geography and did topics water and carbon cycle, hazards and coasts so I'd have say all of my water and carbon cycle notes in blue, all by hazards in orange and all my coasts in yellow. It makes it easier to decipher each topic and subject when it comes to revising or looking over your notes
ct2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by 421salpho)
personally I'd get a set of highlighters but dedicate one colour per topic, so for example I took geography and did topics water and carbon cycle, hazards and coasts so I'd have say all of my water and carbon cycle notes in blue, all by hazards in orange and all my coasts in yellow. It makes it easier to decipher each topic and subject when it comes to revising or looking over your notes
That's a great idea, thanks!
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes. And revise as you go along. There is a lot more content and concepts compared to GCSEs.
ct2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by mgi)
Yes. And revise as you go along. There is a lot more content and concepts compared to GCSEs.
Thanks for the advice! I'd appreciate any study and essentials you can think of too
Morepens
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi maybe something like this ? Helped a lot when I was studying, and seems cheaper than the supermarket own brands.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323845419685

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323221303938
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by ct2003)
Thanks for the advice! I'd appreciate any study and essentials you can think of too
You would need to understand your learning style much more clearly. Your revision method is something to put a lot of attention into. The study method for students who are not lazy: Breakdown the topic into bits ,focusing on the basic essentisl bits, move onto the more complicated bits that you can learn quickly. Simplify the hard stuff. Start the topic again and repeat! Learn how to make interesting notes as well. Use pictures/cartoons that you draw. Use colours. Use your phone to record some of your notes so you can reply them to yourself. Think of other creative ways to study. Research ideas.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Aug '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (69)
17.56%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (247)
62.85%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
5.09%
Not yet but I might (57)
14.5%

Watched Threads