I really need some advise Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I am 21 and have been working on Student placement for 12 months and it ends this Saturday. So for me leaving we were going to go out for a meal which the manager suggested and she will pay for which was cool. But she’s had some issue now and she said she can’t pay it and everybody including the manager is telling me to pay for it. To be honest I really don’t want to as the bill will be approx £1,000 which is around 1 months wages. I’m on minimum wage for my age. So I want to know as I being greedy not wanting to pay or am I just. Baring in mind I only found out less that 7 days before they want me to pay for everyone.

Please tell me what to do? Just pay for it or do something else?
FinalMasquerade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

Honestly, that sounds quite ridiculous and outrageous that they expect a student on placement to foot the bill. Either suggest people pay their own way, or forgo the meal altogether.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why should you pay for it, you can't afford it. The manager probably couldn't as well.

Tell them to stop being so cheap and to split the bill.

By the way, what kind of restaurant are you going to thats bill accumulates to a grande, not Nandos I presume.
Last edited by JustOneMoreThing; 1 week ago
SlightlySummer
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's very silly, it should be split.
It must either be a v high-end restaurant or a lot of people that it's £1000
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
All of this is confusing. Manager offers to pay for everybody at a restaurant where the bill can reach a grand? And then decides they can't pay after they promised...? Then instead of asking to split they ask one employee to foot the whole thing?

Don't pay it lmao wtf are they on
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just say that your overdraft can't afford it and you have made other plans with your friends.
Whatever you do make sure that everyone knows that you don't have a spare £1k to spend on food and drink at a fancy restaurant.
Or else sponging ex-coworkers will believe that you are rich and start pestering you for cash handouts or loans.
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Are you dining at The Ritz?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JamesManc)
Are you dining at The Ritz?
No there are just lots of people going and they want drinks and stuff
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I am 21 and have been working on Student placement for 12 months and it ends this Saturday. So for me leaving we were going to go out for a meal which the manager suggested and she will pay for which was cool. But she’s had some issue now and she said she can’t pay it and everybody including the manager is telling me to pay for it. To be honest I really don’t want to as the bill will be approx £1,000 which is around 1 months wages. I’m on minimum wage for my age. So I want to know as I being greedy not wanting to pay or am I just. Baring in mind I only found out less that 7 days before they want me to pay for everyone.

Please tell me what to do? Just pay for it or do something else?
Thank you guys i’m glad you agree and i’m not being greedy.
Paypurr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t do the meal out. Say you can’t pay for it so it isn’t happening. I can’t understand why everyone would be telling you to pay for it when you’re a student. It’s a lot of money to suddenly be told you’re going to have to pay.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Why should you pay for it, you can't afford it. The manager probably couldn't as well.

Tell them to stop being so cheap and to split the bill.

By the way, what kind of restaurant are you going to thats bill accumulates to a grande, not Nandos I presume.
It’s not a really high class restaurant but lots of people are going and they expect the drinks to be paid for, so the price racks up fast
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.32%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.42%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (87)
19.16%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (183)
40.31%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.63%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.17%