?
Report 11 years ago
For a chemistry teacher:

lulu_dudette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My tutor was a complete environmental freak and really into charity so we bought him on of those Oxfam Unwrapped gifts and we bought him an allotment! He loved it and almost cried bless him!
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My friend's history class bought the teacher a small tree, named Cromwell, because she always gives us so many sheets we joke she's contributing to deforestation. They wrote personal notes from each of them, and tied them to the branches. She cried!

For the other history teacher, they bought him a jokebook because his jokes are so awful he needs some new ones.
Petit chou
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I bought my teacher a box of malteasers, i wish i branched out and got her something more meaningful now

She was really appreciative and i think i saw a tear in her eye when i gave them her along with a card, she has been an amazing PT and sociology teacher to me this year so i think the sentiment and thought was present enough as not many people in my college actually buy teachers gifts. Plus during our 10 minute break she always asked for someone to get her some malteasers lol.
Joanna May
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you just get something you've noticed about them. Like we were going to get our French teacher an outrageous tie, because he always wears silly ones. Or our English teacher one of those cheesy beer mug and boxers set, since he spent a whole lesson ranting about how naff they were

If you haven't noticed anything like that, maybe you don't know them well enough to buy them a present at all? really, even a small thing which shows you've been paying attention at some point is enough.
WinstonSmith
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
If you haven't noticed anything like that, maybe you don't know them well enough to buy them a present at all?
Thing is, my electronics teacher has been really nice to me but I haven't got a clue what to get him - he's diabetic so I can't get any sweet things - he said once that he doesn't drink alcohol. I was thinking give him a toolkit but he's full of them

So this I really am clueless
grace_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by shootbangfire)
Right, so I'm leaving my school this year, and I really want to get my teachers leaving presents, in particular three who've taught me since lower 6th. The problem is, I don't really know what they'd like. Beyond their subjects I don't really know what their interests are. I'm planning to definitely get presents for my form tutor (also chemistry teacher), biology teacher who's inspired me to continue the subject to university, and english teacher (and head of sixth form), and possibly the other three.

My english teacher, unsurprisingly, is a bit of a book worm, so I'm going to try and get him one - but does anyone have any good recommendations. Beyond that, has anyone got any ideas for the others?
Wine or chocolates are usually a safe option. Or you could ask for their email address so that you can keep in touch with them and then see if they had an Amazon wishlist if you wanted some other ideas. They might not give you their personal email though! Or you could get them a nice pen.

My parents are both teachers and everyone seems to get my father either red wine or chocolates, neither of which he can drink/eat as they both give him migraines. My mother's sixth form group gave her a hamster, though, :eek: which was very weird of them, especially as she's allergic to animals and so I now have a hamster!
Militia
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got my human biology teacher this:

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/uk/products/braincell.html
Sick Puppy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
a bunch of us bought this teacher a vibrator so she could go **** herself when she left. (we didn't sign it from us)
didn't expect her to come back in february on maternity cover!!!!
ahahaha
seanw
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Biology teacher- a small tree (snap!)
Chemistry teacher- a joke book (snap!)
Physics teacher- a skiing helmet (long story)
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Joanna May)
If you haven't noticed anything like that, maybe you don't know them well enough to buy them a present at all? really, even a small thing which shows you've been paying attention at some point is enough.
I don't think that's true at all, just generally we learn about our teacher's subjects in lessons, rather than their hopes and dreams and fears and interests.
Absurd
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wine or whiskey.
Skysong
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by limbic)
I got my human biology teacher this:

http://www.giantmicrobes.com/uk/products/braincell.html
I did the same! For our collective Science department we gave the Malaria, Flesh eating bacteria and HIV.

I gave my music teacher a bottle of wine and an orchid, Maths teachers an orchid and my psychology teacher some flowers and earrings

I also gave my Sixth Form admin and former Maths teacher some knitted carrots and strawberries, since they taught me how to knit...
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
The common cold one is cute
fn_101
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I want to get one of my geography teachers and form tutor a present, as they've both been amazing to me this year, but I dunno what to get them. My geog teacher likes chocolate, but that has implications. And she doesn't drink.
And my form tutor.....I dunno...I want to get her something really heartfelt but she doesn't really have anything as such that she mentions.

Also, I'm in Year 12 - so have these teachers next year, so would it seem weird?
shootbangfire
Rep:
?
Implications?

I dunno, I didn't get them presents last year, but did for christmas, and didn't get them christmas presents this year.
Skysong
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by fn_101)
I want to get one of my geography teachers and form tutor a present, as they've both been amazing to me this year, but I dunno what to get them. My geog teacher likes chocolate, but that has implications. And she doesn't drink.
And my form tutor.....I dunno...I want to get her something really heartfelt but she doesn't really have anything as such that she mentions.

Also, I'm in Year 12 - so have these teachers next year, so would it seem weird?
Maybe do something small? I think save the bigger heartfelt things for next year when you are really leaving (especially because you'll feel like you have to top it next year! I did...). What implications about chocolate?

How about some flowers or a small plant? Or if you have some kind of inside joke? ie. in year 12 I gave my science teacher a massive bag of Jelly Babies because of the screaming Jelly Baby experiments etc. Keep it small and sweet
brimstone
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We got our History teacher a waistcoat and some cufflinks. We asked his wife for his size :ninja:.
michaela penny
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what sort of alcohol should I get my dance teacher
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads