Starting Year 11 Watch

FeelingGood333
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is there any advice you could give about Year11 ?

Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello,

I have just finished my GCSEs and year 11, and honestly, year 11 isn't as bad as it seems. As long as you keep up with coursework; revision; homework; tests, you'll be alright!

When I started year 11, I created a revision timetable to keep productive. However, at the beginning of the year, I didn't always follow this. But, if you're going to create a timetable. I would advise making sure you add enough breaks! There's no point in revising for a straight outta eight hours in a day - you'll burn out. I used the TSR links to create an effective timetable. In addition, remember to add any extracurricular activities you do on a regular basis, no matter what they be. Lastly, don't miss out on sleep for revision. Your body needs sleep, especially at this time period. And use your time wisely! (Try to reduce procrastination, if you can)

Another thing I'd try to advise, is to create your revision notes as soon as possible. Don't rush them though. The shorter amount of time it takes you to do them the better, as you can then use that valuable time to revise by using other methods. Secondly, past papers are great to use. However, don't use them in the beginning of the academic year. Again, you don't want to burn out on past papers. You'll also be having those past papers as a mock; I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative?

Please do print off the specification for every subject you do, it is vital you know the content. The examiners can only ask you a question on those topics and them only.

I hope this helps, you're welcome to message if you need any more advise!
FeelingGood333
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello,

I have just finished my GCSEs and year 11, and honestly, year 11 isn't as bad as it seems. As long as you keep up with coursework; revision; homework; tests, you'll be alright!

When I started year 11, I created a revision timetable to keep productive. However, at the beginning of the year, I didn't always follow this. But, if you're going to create a timetable. I would advise making sure you add enough breaks! There's no point in revising for a straight outta eight hours in a day - you'll burn out. I used the TSR links to create an effective timetable. In addition, remember to add any extracurricular activities you do on a regular basis, no matter what they be. Lastly, don't miss out on sleep for revision. Your body needs sleep, especially at this time period. And use your time wisely! (Try to reduce procrastination, if you can)

Another thing I'd try to advise, is to create your revision notes as soon as possible. Don't rush them though. The shorter amount of time it takes you to do them the better, as you can then use that valuable time to revise by using other methods. Secondly, past papers are great to use. However, don't use them in the beginning of the academic year. Again, you don't want to burn out on past papers. You'll also be having those past papers as a mock; I'm not sure if that's a positive or a negative?

Please do print off the specification for every subject you do, it is vital you know the content. The examiners can only ask you a question on those topics and them only.

I hope this helps, you're welcome to message if you need any more advise!
Thank you so much !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (137)
13.5%
Excited (93)
9.16%
Worried (190)
18.72%
Terrified (230)
22.66%
Meh (78)
7.68%
Confused (28)
2.76%