Akananenekaijqbabjqaiaw wkaian Shana akkakalalauh
Last edited by Ashleighxoxo; 1 week ago
JackMoseley
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ashleighxoxo)
I accidentally went through a red light today (awful of me and no excuses for this) What type of camera does this look like to you? I only passed my test a couple of weeks ago and I was too busy focusing on my speed etc.
It happens sometimes 🤷*♂️doesn’t look like the photo uploaded? Could you attach the photo again please?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by JackMoseley; 1 week ago
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it happens, (they are often highly carefully placed where they will catch a lot of victims, sorry ; I mean improve road safety £££ as much as possible)

My flash never resulted in a bill or any other action, so wish you safe driving in the future
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ashleighxoxo)
I accidentally went through a red light today (awful of me and no excuses for this) What type of camera does this look like to you? I only passed my test a couple of weeks ago and I was too busy focusing on my speed etc.
Get off the road.
JackMoseley
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Get off the road.
Bit harsh to say to a newly passed driver?
Ivan_Andru
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JackMoseley)
I’m sure he was being sarcastic
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you're too unobservant as to not notice A BIG ****ING RED LIGHT you shouldn't be on the road.
(Original post by Ivan_Andru)
I’m sure he was being sarcastic
I wasn't.
JackMoseley
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wasn't.
Alright but it happens, I mean you have to make a mistake to learn for the future. It didn’t hurt anyone or anything luckily, and yes okay isn’t a correct thing to do, but I’m sure the original poster learnt from this.

I don’t want to come across wrong but I’m sorry, if you didn’t have something good to say first, why say it..
Last edited by JackMoseley; 1 week ago
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Alright but it happens, I mean you have to make a mistake to learn for the future. It didn’t hurt anyone or anything luckily, and yes okay isn’t a correct thing to do, but I’m sure the original poster learnt from this.

I don’t want to come across wrong but I’m sorry, if you didn’t have something good to say first, why say it..
It shouldn't happen. It's not a "mistake", it's a potentially life threatening situation. Anyone who goes through a red light "because they're a new driver" should loose their licence on the spot.
Ivan_Andru
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I wasn't.
That is quite inconsiderate from you, then. I do not know if you have ever driven a car but most drivers that just got their license are often under a lot of pressure and tend to miss some signs an experienced driver wouldn’t. Also, adding on to this pre-existing pressure is the fact that experienced drivers tend to “bully” new ones, although they have all been in their place. It is a constant battle of power between humans.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That is quite inconsiderate from you, then. I do not know if you have ever driven a car but most drivers that just got their license are often under a lot of pressure and tend to miss some signs an experienced driver wouldn’t. Also, adding on to this pre-existing pressure is the fact that experienced drivers tend to “bully” new ones, although they have all been in their place. It is a constant battle of power between humans.
None of that is an excuse for driving through a red light.

Stop trying to defend the OPs disgusting driving.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no, you're sympathising with someone which has put other peoples' lives at risk. I wouldn't call Tom's comment harsh in the slightest - too kind if you ask for my opinion.
Ivan_Andru
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
None of that is an excuse for driving through a red light.

Stop trying to defend the OPs disgusting driving.
I am not saying it is FINE to do it, I am just explaining that it is understandable why he would miss one while just starting out as a driver.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

I've got an idea boys... Let's ignore red lights from now on, your logic seems much better than the highway code's.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I am not saying it is FINE to do it, I am just explaining that it is understandable why he would miss one while just starting out as a driver.
It's not understandable in the slightest.
Ivan_Andru
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RoyalSheepy)
I've got an idea boys... Let's ignore red lights from now on, your logic seems much better than the highway code's.
You are twisting my words. I never stand that is is okay or that everyone should do it. I just reiterated the fact that novel drivers tend to do similar mistakes.
It's not understandable in the slightest.
I acknowledge your take on this.
Last edited by Ivan_Andru; 1 week ago
Ivan_Andru
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn’t mean to type the same answers to both of your comments, the app did it for some reason.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are twisting my words. I never stand that is is okay or that everyone should do it. I just reiterated the fact that novel drivers tend to do similar mistakes.

I acknowledge your take on this.
Perhaps we should ask the DVSA to make it mandatory that in a driving test every learner crash into a tree and run over a child, just so they can "learn a lesson" and "not do it again"?
Ivan_Andru
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Perhaps we should ask the DVSA to make it mandatory that in a driving test every learner crash into a tree and run over a child, just so they can "learn a lesson" and "not do it again"?
If you would like to forward such suggestion go ahead, I never implied that.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you would like to forward such suggestion go ahead, I never implied that.
No, but you did imply that a new driver may be excused for failing to notice a big bright red light because they're "under pressure".

Do you see the irony yet?
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (165)
13.26%
Excited (108)
8.68%
Worried (229)
18.41%
Terrified (291)
23.39%
Meh (99)
7.96%
Confused (32)
2.57%
Putting on a brave face (163)
13.1%
Impatient (157)
12.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise