Mr J
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi All

Start of the year evrything seemed to be going amazingly for me;
However in the space of a few months;

> My girlfriend has finished with me (playing games and not really being very good at the whole break up thing) - she is moving away as well

> My mum's been diagnosed with the Big C and is undergoin chemo

> My job is going well, but I work from home on my own and its very quiet at th moment, so whilst I have no pressure on me and a seemingly perfrect job (good money and no work from home) - I have nothing and nobody to take my mind of the first two points.

Going stir crazy and definitely in a rut - thinking about a change (not sure what - maybe travelling).

Just wanted some ideas as to how to get through all of this and come out the oter side in a much better place.

Mr J
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It depends what works for you but I think what you need is a fairly long break so you can clear your head. You could go travelling cos it sounds like a good idea. On the other hand maybe you could benefit from talking to someone as well.
k823127
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe talking to someone would be easier and maybe better than travelling which could be seen as maybe running away from issues. Surely the issues will still be there when you get back?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good point. I dunno- sometimes it is like running away but at other times it can help you clear your head.
lodzinski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
talk about it? seeing as you work from home a change of scenery might be good for you - spending alot of time in one place can be really monotonous. I say go and do something you enjoy - go somewhere and visit a gallery, take in a show? maybe even go on a day/weekend course?
mr-breaker
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Simple.

When your mother gets better book her a holiday.

Meanwhile, work like a Japanese Beaver, and book yourself a holiday 2 months hence..........then meet a better woman out there! Think of a place you really want to see............and get out there!

If you can't think of a place may I recommend..........

http://www.serbien-online.se/oglasi/...ovalja%201.jpg

I'm assuming you have interests outside of work......throw yourself into those as well when you feel antzy, and have the time...........

If you can, find someone empathetic enough to chop it up with................might make you feel better!

:yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads