The Student Room Group

Muslims drinking

I have never drunk Alcohol before and never plan to.

But I went to a party half a year ago and realised that most of my close Muslim friends were drinking.

In one word ...shocked ... was how I felt.

Muslims drinking

Anyone else experienced this?
I don't feel left out but I just wonder why ? (sounds stupid but yeah)
Aren't they just Muslim by name?
sad world we live in. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

I know a lot of Muslims who drink, I personally would never even though lots of my friends do
We joke about it, but it's light-hearted fun
I hope you don't become peer pressured into societal standards though, stay strong in your beliefs
Reply 2
"stay strong in your beliefs"
Will do :biggrin: and thanks <3
Original post by SlightlySummer
I know a lot of Muslims who drink, I personally would never even though lots of my friends do
We joke about it, but it's light-hearted fun
I hope you don't become peer pressured into societal standards though, stay strong in your beliefs
Loads of Muslims drink, smoke and have pre-marital sex. Nothing shocking about it really, it’s quite common.
Its known as hypocrisy.
(edited 4 years ago)
DRINKING ALCOHOL IS from the major sins not from the actions which nullify your faith
Don't worry
Same situation in arabic countries too
Original post by Abdulaziz Kamal
Don't worry
Same situation in arabic countries too

where are from?
Original post by Anonymous
I have never drunk Alcohol before and never plan to.

But I went to a party half a year ago and realised that most of my close Muslim friends were drinking.

In one word ...shocked ... was how I felt.

Muslims drinking

Anyone else experienced this?
I don't feel left out but I just wonder why ? (sounds stupid but yeah)
Aren't they just Muslim by name?
sad world we live in. :frown:

Ye bro... Astagfurillah.. These days, young Muslims abuse the fact that they are in a white country.. They claim to be muslim, but hate on other religions.. They claim to be muslim, but sell drugs... They claim to be muslim, but they drink and have sex.. The list never ends
Reply 9
The majority of Muslims i know don't drink. Many may well drink, but certainly not the majority.
"hypocrisy" wtf? How is it hypocrisy? Individuals don't need to answer to you for their actions. thx
Original post by verycoolperson
where are from?

Cairo
Egypt
Where everythig happen
But not in public
I'm not surprised, I know a lot of Muslims who fall into these categories. Its the world we live in today, we're exposed to so much like Zina we can't help ourselves but make Dua.
i know smoking is common in every community but drinking??? yikes. muslims will do everything but stop at drinking and pork
I’m born into a Muslim family and I do drink alcohol. But I’m open and honest about that with any other Muslim people who ask me. At least this way I know where I stand with them - I’ll keep my distance from Muslims who are judgmental about it and preach the Qur’an etc etc. I become friends with Muslim people who also drink but are open about it, and I stay away from Muslims who are constantly asking me not to tell anyone that they drink too. Muslims can be very two-faced when it comes to alcohol. They’ll come out clubbing on a Friday/Saturday night then lie to all their friends and try and pretend they were never there when I ask them on a Monday if they enjoyed the party. I’ve seen girls openly wearing the hijab during the day and then taking it off to wear short skirts and drink alcohol at night. People like this are the ones I stay away from.

I think it also depends on upbringing and the particular location in the country where you live. The clubs in places like London and Birmingham are full of open-minded Muslims who don’t judge and just go about their own business so everyone can enjoy themselves together. But places like Bradford are full of wastemen - there are lots of Mirpuri’s and very poor integration of the Muslim community. They openly drink, smoke weed and have sex but go to mosque the next day, preach the Qur’an and tell people not to drink. They don’t understand the hypocrisy in that. Again, showing different faces to different people.

I have more friends who are Hindu and Sikh as I have more in common with them. They drink alcohol, enjoy Asian music and dancing and most importantly they don’t judge anyone who drinks alcohol. Muslims tend to cast out people from their community who drink, but the only advice they offer is to preach the Qur’an and do dua. What use is that when you haven’t had a religious upbringing? Lol.
Alot of muslims nowadays are only muslim for the fact they were born it.
I know lots of muslims who do and it becomes more common as you grow older, especially when you reach uni.
Tbh it depends on your friend groups, the people you hang around with reflect who you are as a person.

Like me personally, never drunk, never been clubbing even when invited by non muslim friends but I'm concerned for my younger siblings cause of their friend groups(drug dealers etc.)

Like once I went to a different city for a catering job, and this muslim guy starts eating a sausage from the cafeteria and I asked if it was like those fake quorn sausages and he goes tells me it's pork. I was honestly baffled at the time but now I'm in uni i'm not even surprised by **** like that.

but at the end of the day it doesn't concern us as they know what they're doing and it's between them and god.
Some I know even eat pork, but secretly.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Some I know even eat pork, but secretly.

Sometimes I eat the non halal haribos :sad:

🤯

OMG 🤯

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending