ace1026
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I know BPP has the best reputation for the LPC but I wanted to ask because I hear it's very company law-based, but I'm looking to get into family/criminal law and I did hear that BPP concentrated less on that than other law branches...

On the other hand, Westminster is also an option. Basically I wanted to ask, for someone who wants to get into family law, which is the best university to do your LPC in?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ace1026)
So I know BPP has the best reputation for the LPC but I wanted to ask because I hear it's very company law-based, but I'm looking to get into family/criminal law and I did hear that BPP concentrated less on that than other law branches...

On the other hand, Westminster is also an option. Basically I wanted to ask, for someone who wants to get into family law, which is the best university to do your LPC in?
I think it is just the LPC.
Which one does the electives you want?
Does BPP do Family and Criminal?
I dont think they care where you did the LPC, just make sure you pass.
Ruled out UoL?
ace1026
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
I think it is just the LPC.
Which one does the electives you want?
Does BPP do Family and Criminal?
I dont think they care where you did the LPC, just make sure you pass.
Ruled out UoL?
Pretty much ruled out UoL, for personal reasons..

BPP does do a family law module as well as an advanced criminal litigation.

The other option is Westminster, but I can't seem to find much reviews on its LLM Legal Practice program. My course leader says both are great option but seems to prefer BPP. I can see that BPP seems to be reputable yet student reviews seem dissatisfied with it.

Basically I want to know if BPP is still the right choice for me if I want to get into family/criminal law, or if it's still the better option over Westminster.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

If you are paying for the LPC yourself, it doesn't matter which one you go to. As long as they both cover the modules that interest you, you can pick whichever one appeals to you the most in terms of location and price. I wouldn't necessarily agree that BPP has the best reputation - like ULaw it is heavily marketed but not everyone who goes there manages to secure a training contract afterwards by any means, so that is more down to you than which provider you opt for
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Pretty much ruled out UoL, for personal reasons..

BPP does do a family law module as well as an advanced criminal litigation.

The other option is Westminster, but I can't seem to find much reviews on its LLM Legal Practice program. My course leader says both are great option but seems to prefer BPP. I can see that BPP seems to be reputable yet student reviews seem dissatisfied with it.

Basically I want to know if BPP is still the right choice for me if I want to get into family/criminal law, or if it's still the better option over Westminster.
Doesnt matter as they are bog standard. Variations, student experience, facilities , teaching methods, options, pass rate. Employers point of view its just the LPC. As I recall Westminster is miles cheaper. Go to an open day and make your mind up. There was someone on TSR who had done it and they were none too impressed with BPP.
Just keep asking for ones who have done either. No harm if you want to do both as options, but do try and balance it out. Most TCs and nearly all of the better ones will be with commercial law firms.
Uni of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Hi there

Student satisfaction for the teaching on Crime and Family was just about 100% on both our courses last year.

If you look here you see two young solicitors one went to BPP the other to Westminster – both at the same place:

http://reevesandcosolicitors.co.uk/a...eam-of-experts

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (127)
41.78%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (34)
11.18%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (24)
7.89%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
22.04%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed