The Student Room Group

Things to know before you loose your virginity

I'm comfortable with the guy I'm currently with and although I'm not actively planning on loosing it anytime soon (if happens, it happens. I really like him and he respects me), I would like to know some things ahead of time.
I know it is probably gonna be awful btw, I know it will probably hurt but any advice would be appreciated!
Reply 1
You got me there, I brought that on myself
Lube is your new best friend.
Take your time. Don't rush into penetration. Spend lots of time on foreplay so you're aroused and more relaxed.
The other persons name.

Jk

Contraception methods.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Andrew97
The other persons name.

Jk

Contraception methods.

I'm on the pill and we are using protection so hopefully that should be enough
There’s a big cloud of mystery for girls who are yet to have sex for the first time and they always use words like awful, painful etc. It’s honestly not as scary as that. If you’re with someone who truly loves you they’ll go at your pace (not just during sex but in life!) People use horror stories like “I bled like a period during my first time” but in reality IF you did bleed, it doesn’t just pour with blood, there’s just a slight little bit that you don’t even notice until you change the sheets the next morning.
Definitely use two forms of protection just to be safe, me and my boyfriend still do most of the time and we’ve been together for years. Any man who says a condom “limits his feeling” or “can’t fit his d***” is lying!
Honestly, your first time shouldn’t really hurt. It will probably feel unusual, so make sure you have a water based lube for ease (the blue durex one is good, you can get it from about £2.50-£5 in places like superdrug, boots etc)
and make sure you COMMUNICATE during it! if something does hurt, or if he’s doing something that’s not good for you tell him! He’s not gonna want to not please you, communication is the way to go.
Lastly, enjoy it. The more you think it’s going to be awful or stress over it, the less aroused you’ll be as you’ll be waiting for something to hurt or go wrong.
Do what comes naturally, but make sure you’re relaxed!
There are two vital things you need to understand before losing your virginity.

1. Sex is great fun.

2, Once you lose your virginity, you’ll realise your virginity was not very important at all.

Happy shagging.
Reply 8
Original post by 421salpho
There’s a big cloud of mystery for girls who are yet to have sex for the first time and they always use words like awful, painful etc. It’s honestly not as scary as that. If you’re with someone who truly loves you they’ll go at your pace (not just during sex but in life!) People use horror stories like “I bled like a period during my first time” but in reality IF you did bleed, it doesn’t just pour with blood, there’s just a slight little bit that you don’t even notice until you change the sheets the next morning.
Definitely use two forms of protection just to be safe, me and my boyfriend still do most of the time and we’ve been together for years. Any man who says a condom “limits his feeling” or “can’t fit his d***” is lying!
Honestly, your first time shouldn’t really hurt. It will probably feel unusual, so make sure you have a water based lube for ease (the blue durex one is good, you can get it from about £2.50-£5 in places like superdrug, boots etc)
and make sure you COMMUNICATE during it! if something does hurt, or if he’s doing something that’s not good for you tell him! He’s not gonna want to not please you, communication is the way to go.
Lastly, enjoy it. The more you think it’s going to be awful or stress over it, the less aroused you’ll be as you’ll be waiting for something to hurt or go wrong.
Do what comes naturally, but make sure you’re relaxed!

Thank you so much! This is some of the best advice I have ever received thank you so much!!!
Reply 9
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
There are two vital things you need to understand before losing your virginity.

1. Sex is great fun.

2, Once you lose your virginity, you’ll realise your virginity was not very important at all.

Happy shagging.

Thank you, I shall :biggrin:
That you're 'losing your virginity', not 'loosing' it
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much! This is some of the best advice I have ever received thank you so much!!!

So glad I could help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending