rajbrown
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am really interested in maths and I was Just wondering if anyone knew any courses that involve math. I don't want to do a math only degree. Is theoretical physics a good course that involves maths? and what are the requirements like? Is there any sport courses that involve maths?
Last edited by rajbrown; 1 year ago
Joker17
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
mechanical engineering has quite alot of math
Abi)(M
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Any engineering course will be math heavy (especially electrical or mechanical). Physics has more maths than engineering, (theoretical physics even more so, but I believe this is quite statistic heavy whereas physics is more pure and mechanics)
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by rajbrown)
I am really interested in maths and I was Just wondering if anyone knew any courses that involve math. I don't want to do a math only degree. Is theoretical physics a good course that involves maths? and what are the requirements like? Is there any sport courses that involve maths?
Pure maths or just using mathematics in general.

Obviously Math, statistics.

More applied applications:
Physics, engineering, CompSci, Economics, accounting
rajbrown
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Pure maths or just using mathematics in general.

Obviously Math, statistics.

More applied applications:
Physics, engineering, CompSci, Economics, accounting
is actuarial science any good?
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is actuarial science any good?
Ive always thought it would be incredibly dry, I think it would be boring.

My impression is actuarys make decent money which is what draws people in rather than the subject, i don't know that much about it tho
rajbrown
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
Ive always thought it would be incredibly dry, I think it would be boring.

My impression is actuarys make decent money which is what draws people in rather than the subject, i don't know that much about it tho
even the name of it sounds boring ahah
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Comp sci, engineering, physics
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Data Science is a fairly new degree at undergrad level and effectively combines Maths, Statistics and Computer Science.

I would say research all the suggestions and go for (a) something you are good at, (b) something you enjoy and (c) something that will lead into a job that you want to do.
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely consider MORSE at Warwick.
Last edited by Quick-use; 1 year ago
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nutz99)
Data Science is a fairly new degree at undergrad level and effectively combines Maths, Statistics and Computer Science.
I've always wondered if data science was just a re-branding of statistics... :lol:
nutz99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
I've always wondered if data science was just a re-branding of statistics... :lol:
Statistics, a few algorithms, bit of programming and some data mining. Definitely not for people who don't get on with statistics though.

But MORSE is a good all round degree to get yourself into the workplace.
rajbrown
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quick-use)
Definitely consider MORSE at Warwick.
Is Warwick the only place to do it?
Quick-use
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is Warwick the only place to do it?
Other universities might offer it but as far as I know it's the best place for that degree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (694)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.61%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (391)
19.06%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.49%

Watched Threads