The Student Room Group

NHS for animals!

The title says it all. Let's hear your thoughts.

Scroll to see replies

Nope
Reply 2
Just realised this is something to do with UCAS...
Reply 3
How do I delete this? I'll repost it somewhere else. I'm new to this.
It already exists it's called the PDSA
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy
It already exists it's called the PDSA

That's a charity...
Original post by 123.mytsr
That's a charity...

I am aware. It performs what an NHS for animals would do however. Why do you want people taxed for this when the actual NHS is floundering and mental health care in particular is abismal. I love animals but it's a choice to get them and there is appropriate care for people already through the PDSA if they really can't afford it. To be honest though if you can't afford it you shouldn't have got one in the first place
Reply 7
Could be allergic?
It is essential for many people who are blind or suffer from PTSD or whatever else. Owning pets can also serve as a comfort to many people, potentially reducing the strain on already overstretched MH services.

Regarding the latter, the affluent and productive taxpayers subsidise the treatment of Glaswegian alchies with a damaged liver and type-2 diabetes even though they themselves would not dream of being in a similar position. Subsidising the care of others is integral to the principle of free health.
Once you stop using things made by educated people, like the internet or phones.
Somehow I doubt that.
Heavens no, we can barely afford to look after the healthcare of one species, let alone all of them
we can barely afford to save humans
absolutely not!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending