i'm really, really scared Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
i posted earlier saying that i was lonely because all my friends have gone home and i'm living by myself til thurs. i just get so scared on a night, mainly due to someone breaking in but also because i believe in spirits and stuff, due to an experience i had when i was younger, which makes me even more scared. it doesn't help that most of the lights in the house have gone too! has anyone got any advice?
MakingMoves
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Awww. *Hugs*

Get a dog. They'll protect you.
Zayne
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Erm, watch a DVD till you drop off? Listen to some good music?
PoisonDonna
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
When I first moved into this house we're in now I was scared at night, but now I love being alone. Just leave the light on if you're that bothered. Music too or the tv?
Triple check the doors to set your mind at rest.
Gemma_08
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you got a lamp or something? Or a television? Any light will do. I suffer sometimes from what you get, just lying in my bedroom, thinking about things like that. Just read a book, watch television/DVD and try to sleep. Its the best thing to do.

I hope you feel better.
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Heh, overactive imagination, like it. Well, put on the lights that are left firstly. I've just kinda convinced myself that if I'm gonna die by that kinda strange means, then there's not much I can do about it, and I'll just laugh at my bad luck. Just think about something else.
k823127
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a dog, but she's the softest thing ever and makes the most noise in the house anyway. So maybe a no no there. Just take your mind off it with someone or ring people at stupid o clock in the morning for a random chat.
jadc
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Have you any candles? I know they're not great, but a dim light is better than no light at all.

You could try watching a film or listening to some music, hearing another person's voice will probably make you feel less alone. It's easy to get scared when you're conjuring phantasms from your imagination, but you'll feel better if you do something to distract yourself from such thoughts.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
when i first moved into my house, i got a local priest to bless it to get rid of anything evil
xBillyBrownx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Aww Don't be scared! Just keep reminding yourself that it's very unlikely that something bad happens. Try thinking about other things. Try turning on the TV, playing music or even the radio while you fall asleep. You can even just keep your PC turned on. Try and distract yourself - happy thoughts. Don't worry you'll be just fine! Just don't think about it.
darkeneddreams
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't believe in spirits! Sorry but I used to and well it freaked me out due to some experiences, ever since I stopped believing I dont get scared lol.

Other than that, arm yourself with a baseball bat or a crowbar, or a hammer and if anyone comes, hit them over the head or round the face..not much more than that I'm afraid, just keep your phone near you, try and relax..try ringing some friends to feel more secure but just don't talk about the house, try and drift away from that topic and I'm sure you'll be fine
JB26
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you're going to listen to music, listen to it on speakers.. earphones always make me paranoid that someone is calling my name and stuff! So put some nice music on quietly on some speakers
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
no unfortunately i dont have a tv or dvds to watch- ive literally just got the internet. last night i slept with the curtains open for light but then i got paranoid that someone was hiding in the tree outside looking in! i know it sounds as though im mad but i'm fine when i'm at home/with other people.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm living here by myself too until Sat when I move into my new house where one of my flatmates is staying. Definitely try and distract yourself and use candles if you can.
MakingMoves
Report 11 years ago
That reminds me of my mate. When the earth quake struck a couple months back (England) he was turning the lights off. For the rest of the night he was pissing himself thinking it was some sort of ghost.
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
no unfortunately i dont have a tv or dvds to watch- ive literally just got the internet. last night i slept with the curtains open for light but then i got paranoid that someone was hiding in the tree outside looking in! i know it sounds as though im mad but i'm fine when i'm at home/with other people.
I had that when I went home last week but then I'd seen something scary which did it. Just keep telling yourself that no one is there and that its not real.
PoisonDonna
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You're not mad at all. I just think, why is anything more likely to happen just because I'm alone? Or, why is anything less likely to happen just 'cause someone else is in the house too? Used to sort it in my head anyway.
And I'm a paranoid person
Nicolish
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
computer can be your tv!
leave it on and
download a movie or music
x
JB26
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Google for Project Playlist if you want some music, just go there, search for your fav band and listen to a few tracks to keep you chilled out! And if you want to leave it running then sign up there and create your own playlist and add the songs you want, play your playlist and get some shut eye
Cupid Stunt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try enjoying privacy, rent a film, play music loud (not too loud).

Carry a kitchen knife around with you if you really have to. :P

If I was in that situation I'd watch some films or something, get some food,a blanket, something to disrupt my mind a little, alcohol or whatever you like.

The more memory you disrupt the quicker time goes...without memory time doesn't exist kind of, so if you think of it that way, in a few weeks the whole experience will only seem like an hour long. lol, heheh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (121)
65.05%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
20.97%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
13.98%

Watched Threads