The Student Room Group

First time sex anxiety....

I know one day I'm going to have sex, but the thought of it terrifies me. I feel like I'll be a disappointment. I don't even think my parts look normal, i mean how would I know anyway....
I keep getting feelings of anxiety when i think of sex and him looking at my private parts.
How can I overcome this?
Don't do anything until you're ready. Plus we don't really look at your private parts anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by esralled
Don't do anything until you're ready. Plus we don't really look at your private parts anyway.

Huh? How do you have șex then if you can't see where you are putting it in? :zomg:
Original post by Anonymous
Huh? How do you have șex then if you can't see where you are putting it in? :zomg:

Because you just work it in while making eye contact. Plus, for lack of a better term, your vaginal lips will probably be covering the hole anyway, so looking wouldn't do much. Plus Plus, most men on their first time are just as nervous and don't want to look down and see them thumbing in a softie.
Original post by Anonymous
I know one day I'm going to have sex, but the thought of it terrifies me. I feel like I'll be a disappointment. I don't even think my parts look normal, i mean how would I know anyway....
I keep getting feelings of anxiety when i think of sex and him looking at my private parts.
How can I overcome this?

Your first time will be awkward and it probably won't be very good. But practice makes perfect. Laugh off anything awkward or embarrassing that happens and keep going. Everyone feels self-conscious about their bodies, especially if they haven't been with anyone before. But if you're with the right person, they'll make you feel sexy and beautiful. These anxious feelings will gradually fade the more sexually experienced you become.

Quick Reply

Latest