adding additional drivers onto my insurance? Watch

Harry171
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So, i'm 17 years old (male) and I've just passed my driving test. I've just discovered that if I add another driver onto my insurance i.e. my dad it goes down from like £1800 + to like £1350! . I just want to know if I do go through with this and end up having a crash, will this affect my dad in anyway and his insurance?
Abi)(M
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
As far as I understand it, only if he was driving...
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Harry171)
So, i'm 17 years old (male) and I've just passed my driving test. I've just discovered that if I add another driver onto my insurance i.e. my dad it goes down from like £1800 + to like £1350! . I just want to know if I do go through with this and end up having a crash, will this affect my dad in anyway and his insurance?
No. This is a very common way for young people to reduce premiums.
Soteria3
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
When you add a driver to your car insurance policy – whether it's a family member or not – your rate may change. If the driver has traffic violations, accidents or DUIs on her driving record, you could see a significant rate increase. However, if the additional driver has a better record than you do, your cost for insurance may decrease.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It's only going to affect your Dad if he's the one that crashes the car. I added my partner to my insurance and it went down significantly, we do have different excesses in case of an accident though.
julietlima3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If he crashes as a named driver on your car, I think it affects your no claims bonus. But he will have to declare the accident to his insurer too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (34)
15.6%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (32)
14.68%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (45)
20.64%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (83)
38.07%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (12)
5.5%
No particular grades needed (12)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise