Buy uni things now or later? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I live in London and I'm starting my first year in Newcastle. As by car it's a 9 hour journey I'm probably taking train up, so I was wondering is it better to buy the things I need (e.g. kitchen utensils, bedding, storage etc) in Newcastle rather than bringing it up and having a lot with me on the train? However, I'm also considering the possibilty that it might be risky as I might not find what I need?? Need opinions
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I live in London and I'm starting my first year in Newcastle. As by car it's a 9 hour journey I'm probably taking train up, so I was wondering is it better to buy the things I need (e.g. kitchen utensils, bedding, storage etc) in Newcastle rather than bringing it up and having a lot with me on the train? However, I'm also considering the possibilty that it might be risky as I might not find what I need?? Need opinions
They have shops up there, probably cheaper as well, just make a list, get there on Friday or Sat and go shopping. Check if they will take deliveries and stuff can be waiting for you as well?

Argos, Wilko, Home Bargains, Poundstretcher, B&M.
If you have money you will find what you need or get it ordered.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You'll be fine. Order a bunch of stuff click and collect to a supermarket and take a taxi with it back to your accommodation.
adri2000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
anything you think you might not find, buy now. But things like kitchen utensils will be fine and easy to find.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Buy it when you're there. You will definitely find everything you need. Newcastle is a big city and has all the shops you need to find things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.24%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (280)
64.37%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.83%
Not yet but I might (59)
13.56%

Watched Threads