Oxbridge through clearing Watch

000jn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Idk if I’ve misread the app because surely oxford and Cambridge can’t be in clearing but if they were/are

Is there any chances someone would be able to get one?
Surely it’s virtually impossible? Would just the phone call suffice enough to give them a place at the uni?

*obviously I would never try ahaha there’s no way I could ever go there - I’m just curious considering the application processes for both unis (personal statement, interviews etc) is typically much more rigorous than others.
Last edited by 000jn; 1 week ago
Kakemono
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No they don't offer clearing a the moment although they recently started offering accention. Their admissions process means that the vast majority of people who get an offer put it as their firm choice and get the grades required.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MagnumKoishi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 000jn)
Idk if I’ve misread the app because surely oxford and Cambridge can’t be in clearing but if they were/are

Is there any chances someone would be able to get one?
Surely it’s virtually impossible? Would just the phone call suffice enough to give them a place at the uni?

*obviously I would never try ahaha there’s no way I could ever go there - I’m just curious considering the application processes for both unis (personal statement, interviews etc) is typically much more rigorous than others.
They don't do clearing, I'm not sure why they're on the app.

Although from this year, Cambridge does do adjustment. This is only open to people who applied in October and were rejected AFTER interview
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which app are you looking at that says they’re in clearing?
000jn
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Which app are you looking at that says they’re in clearing?
It’s called ‘clearing’ and it’s blue
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 000jn)
It’s called ‘clearing’ and it’s blue
Is this an app on your phone or are you looking at something on TSR?

Clearing listings are available on the UCAS website here or directly on the websites of universities concerned (normally updated quicker than UCAS).

Any other source claiming to have clearing vacancies is almost certainly trying to sell you something (or sell your data to universities).
000jn
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Is this an app on your phone or are you looking at something on TSR?

Clearing listings are available on the UCAS website here or directly on the websites of universities concerned (normally updated quicker than UCAS).

Any other source claiming to have clearing vacancies is almost certainly trying to sell you something (or sell your data to universities).
Its an app and its the one being recommended by some universities. Adverts on every site, promotions from every single 'study' influencer out there
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 000jn)
Its an app and its the one being recommended by some universities. Adverts on every site, promotions from every single 'study' influencer out there
Ahhh. The one that is a heap of ****

Avoid that app - it’s rubbish and full of inaccurate information. OP use your browser and go to university websites, ucas and TSR instead.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%