Photography sketchbook Watch

OpalFruit__
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My teacher quickly mentioned a sketchbook for an interview when going for a photography course but never explained anything about it. Please help, what do I put in the sketchbook????
Julie0316189
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
all your pictures, any notes about it. really just present your work and show what you have to offer. if you want you can message me and i can helo you decide what or how to oraginse it
HOW you present it will depend entirely up to you. Many people simply print and mount their favourite photos on board and keep the boards together in a folder. That's quite good as you can add annotations either to the board or to the back of the board - and you can adjust which photographs/collections to include and change the order to meet the requirements of different universities (or even just to add in new work/take out things you no longer like). You could easily use A3 boards with photos that are A4 size without it becoming too faffy to hold/talk about. Some people add some holes and use treasury tags or similar to turn their boards into an ordered book.

In addition some sort of sketchbook/development work is usually well received or even specially requested.*http://www.studentartguide.com/artic...book-ideas*has some ideas/examples that might help you to present your work in this way.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Julie0316189)
all your pictures, any notes about it. really just present your work and show what you have to offer. if you want you can message me and i can helo you decide what or how to oraginse it
HOW you present it will depend entirely up to you. Many people simply print and mount their favourite photos on board and keep the boards together in a folder. That's quite good as you can add annotations either to the board or to the back of the board - and you can adjust which photographs/collections to include and change the order to meet the requirements of different universities (or even just to add in new work/take out things you no longer like). You could easily use A3 boards with photos that are A4 size without it becoming too faffy to hold/talk about. Some people add some holes and use treasury tags or similar to turn their boards into an ordered book.

In addition some sort of sketchbook/development work is usually well received or even specially requested.*http://www.studentartguide.com/artic...book-ideas*has some ideas/examples that might help you to present your work in this way.
(Original post by OpalFruit__)
My teacher quickly mentioned a sketchbook for an interview when going for a photography course but never explained anything about it. Please help, what do I put in the sketchbook????
Or you can use an A3 sketchbook and can mount your photos in the book with or without borders.Daughters school used sketch books with black paper which is quite a good way to showcase photos.
Last edited by Scotney; 1 week ago
Julie0316189
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Scotney)
Or you can use an A3 sketchboo and can mount your photos in the book with or without borders.Daughters school used sketch books with black paper which is quite a good way to showcase photos.
my schoool was obsessed with boards like mad but yeah a book would work
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
OpalFruit__
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Julie0316189)
my schoool was obsessed with boards like mad but yeah a book would work
But I thought that was the portfolio?
Scotney
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by OpalFruit__)
But I thought that was the portfolio?
I agree this is more like the portfolio.What level are you doing?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A sketchbook usually shows some development and the research that goes into a final piece of work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (216)
12.39%
Excited (161)
9.23%
Worried (308)
17.66%
Terrified (385)
22.08%
Meh (180)
10.32%
Confused (37)
2.12%