can I apply for more than one course at the same university? Watch

em0612s
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
For example if I wanted to study English Literature or History at the University of Glasgow, how would I go about that? can I apply more than once, for different courses?

or what about if I wanted to study English Literature and History, how would I write my PS etc?

just wondering
Noémie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yah you can
and half an half often works welll
concentrating on literature and ist historical aspects etc, historical evolution of literature, history shaping lit etc
The Highlander
Report 11 years ago
Yes you can. At Glasgow you apply to the faculty, not the subject so it is very easy to change around.
em0612s
(Original post by The Highlander)
Yes you can. At Glasgow you apply to the faculty, not the subject so it is very easy to change around.
ahh right, so on my PS i'd just write half the normal amount (that folk would normally write if applying for one course) for English, and half for history?
rkd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In English Lit AS, you might have done something like 'Texts in Context' where you look at the historical context of a play or something - that could be a good starting point for an English & History PS.
em0612s
(Original post by rkd)
In English Lit AS, you might have done something like 'Texts in Context' where you look at the historical context of a play or something - that could be a good starting point for an English & History PS.
yea exactly, I was thinking cause I did Tis Pity shes a whore for English and Charles I for History, they are the exact same period so its quite useful.
merci

thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.32%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.13%
Not great so far... (256)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.74%

Watched Threads